CDO2000 Crash with Win2k SP4

Post by Stride » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:10:14

Hi Guys,

(This is a repost from microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging since I
was told that I may get a better response here)

The code fragment below will cause an access violation when run on a Win2k
machine with SP4 installed:

  IMessagePtr spMsg(__uuidof(Message));
  FieldsPtr spFields = spMsg->Fields;
  spFields->Item[L"TEST"]->Value = L"testval";
  HRESULT hr = spFields->Update();
  cout << "hr = " << hr << endl;

Crash happens in call to Update function. I have not been able to reproduce
this crash on a machine with Ex2k3+Win2kSP4. This problem does not happen on
machines with SP3 either. I beleive that this is a bug in CDO2000 or maybe
ADO.

Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds available?

Thanks,

Strider.

1. Exch 5.5 CRASH after Win2k SP4 install

I installed Windows 2000 sp4 on my Exchange 5.5 server
that has sp3.  The system account would'nt start.  And
therefore none of the dependent services would start.  I
uninstalled sp3.  It still wouldn't start.  I had to go
into the Services program, change the Services account to
Administrator.  It then started again.  I then added my
created Exchange Service Account back again and it started
just fine.  Why did Win 2000 sp4 do that?

2. Distribution List in Outlook Express

3. win2k restarts (crash debug) when information store is mounted

4. NNTP and Public Folders

5. Exchange 5.5 with Win2k SP4

6. Sending mail to another folder other then the inbox

7. Exch2k Issue w/ Win2k SP4

8. EXIFS and MSFT Index Server

9. WIN2K SP4

10. Corrupted public folder views after applying Win2k SP4

11. WIN2k NTBACKUP With EXchange 5.5 sp4

12. Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server crashed after doing a critical update

13. Moving ExchSrvr 5.5 SP4 from an NT4.0 server to Win2K