Automated receipt of emails

Post by Dave Woodwar » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:07:21

Hi,

I plan to write something that will look for incoming
emails with a certain format, take the file attachment
that the sender has included and save it to my hard drive.

That's it.

Trouble is, I have no idea how to start.

Can anyone help? Is this a rules thing, or will i have to
write some code, or what?

Cheers

Automated receipt of emails

Post by Gary McDonnel » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:46:34

What version of Exchange are you running? This is fairly straightforward in
2000/2003 but not so easy in 5.5.

Gary McDonnell
http://turbogeeks.com

Hi,

I plan to write something that will look for incoming
emails with a certain format, take the file attachment
that the sender has included and save it to my hard drive.

That's it.

Trouble is, I have no idea how to start.

Can anyone help? Is this a rules thing, or will i have to
write some code, or what?

Cheers

Automated receipt of emails

Post by David Woodwar » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:39:13

2000

> [...]

Post by Gary McDonnel » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 03:51:59

I would approach this by writing an SMTP OnArrival event sink. You can get
more information at http://msdn.microsoft.com/exchange and by doing a search
for "smtponarrival" and "CDO" on Microsoft's site.

Gary McDonnell
http://turbogeeks.com

2000

1. Automated Export to PST, Automated Import from PST

Any way of automating the export/import of mailboxes to PST files?  I like
to feed a program a list of mailbox accounts and have it export/import each
to a PST.

Feed the program something like.

[ServerNameExport]
MyExchangeServer1

[MailboxesExport]
ajones
jsmith
ecarmen
dtheman

[ServerNameImport]
MyExchangeServer2

[MailboxesImport]
ajones
jsmith
ecarmen
dtheman

The program walks through the list exporting to a PST file with same name as
the account, then imports the PST files to the second server.

Joe

2. Exporting POP3 accounts from global address book

3. Automated email interface

4. Extension 'SMTP' could not be loaded......

5. automating email aliases in Exchange 5.5

6. VBScript & Distribution List Members on Exchange 5.5 in NT4 Domain

7. Automated email interface

8. Outgoing SMTP ?

9. How to automate Email in MS Exchange?

10. Automated email through Exchange?

11. Automated adding disclaimers into email messages

12. SMTP and automating sending email via script

13. Exchange 5.5 sp4 Automate email of corp policy for New Users