How to debug a COM+ Event Sync component

How to debug a COM+ Event Sync component

Post by news.microsoft.co » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 06:56:07

We are developing a COM+ component that is triggered by a Event Sync. It
works but we don't know how to debug it.
We develop the component with Visual Basic 6, and we use CDO to connect with
the exchange server.
Apparently we can only connect to the Exchange server using CDO when our
script is running on the server. We don't want to install Visual Studio on
the Exchange server machine... Is there any way to develop on a 2e machine
and connect directly to the Exchange server?

How to debug a COM+ Event Sync component

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:00:24

Nope you need to debug from the server because that's where the component is
executing.  That's when a developer server comes in handy!

-Jeff

Quote:> We are developing a COM+ component that is triggered by a Event Sync. It
> works but we don't know how to debug it.
> We develop the component with Visual Basic 6, and we use CDO to connect
with
> the exchange server.
> Apparently we can only connect to the Exchange server using CDO when our
> script is running on the server. We don't want to install Visual Studio on
> the Exchange server machine... Is there any way to develop on a 2e machine
> and connect directly to the Exchange server?

1. runtime error in an event sink calling a Component runnig in debug mode

Hey to all,

I have written an event sink for an Exchange folder, which calls an self
written Component,
which is runnig under the MTS. Runs the Component in compiled Mode
everything is fine.
Runs the Component in Debug Mode under VB6 a runtime error occurs in the
event sink.

"runtime error in MS VBScript: Access denied: "CreateObject" is unhandled"

There is a similar problem when debugging Components under COM+ on W2K,
which were called from an ASP.

"Server object, ASP 0178 (0x800A0005) The call to Server.CreateObject failed
while
checking permissions. Access is denied to this object."

That one can be fixed with some registry entries and changing permissions in
the
Distributed COM Configuration.

If there is a similar or any other solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Torsten

2. OWA gets password expire, 0 days left

3. Using COM components in VB-Script fiered by the event-service

4. Exchange 5.5 nightmare

5. SMTP Event Syncs vs. Message Store Event Syncs

6. Mail sits in Outbox

7. Debugging .NET web app that calls legacy COM

8. Exchange 2000 memory question

9. What good are COM Components?

10. COM plus component and public folders

11. Can i register event sink as a REMOTE com+ component?

12. Benefit of using an COM+Component instead Exchange Workflow designer

13. Event Viewer Errors...Help Debug!!??