Reading custom date fields from ExchServer 2000

Reading custom date fields from ExchServer 2000

Post by Richard Fo » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:18:10

I am having trouble loading custom fields from Exchange
Server into an ADO Recordset. Here are the symptoms:

"DAV:creationdate" is a default Outlook property,
and "MyModifiedDate" is a custom property. Both properties
have a valid date value in every item in the folder
referred to by myexchangeURL. Here is my SQL:

SELECT "DAV:creationdate", "MyModifiedDate" FROM
myexchangeURL

When I read the items into the Recordset with the above
SQL, the value of "MyModifiedDate" for all items is NULL,
and the type is adVarWChar. However, DAV:creationdate has
a type of adFileTime and all items in the Recordset
contain a valid date.

My question: Why? How can I select a custom date field
from the Exchange Server with ADO? Please take a shot at
this, I am at the end of my rope!

tia,

Rich

Reading custom date fields from ExchServer 2000

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:45:42

Did you try to CAST The custom date property as per description in the
Exchange SDK?

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

This information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 CDOLive LLC. All rights reserved.
Sample code subject to http://www.cdolive.com/disclaim.htm

> I am having trouble loading custom fields from Exchange
> Server into an ADO Recordset. Here are the symptoms:

> "DAV:creationdate" is a default Outlook property,
> and "MyModifiedDate" is a custom property. Both properties
> have a valid date value in every item in the folder
> referred to by myexchangeURL. Here is my SQL:

> SELECT "DAV:creationdate", "MyModifiedDate" FROM
> myexchangeURL

> When I read the items into the Recordset with the above
> SQL, the value of "MyModifiedDate" for all items is NULL,
> and the type is adVarWChar. However, DAV:creationdate has
> a type of adFileTime and all items in the Recordset
> contain a valid date.

> My question: Why? How can I select a custom date field
> from the Exchange Server with ADO? Please take a shot at
> this, I am at the end of my rope!

> tia,

> Rich

1. Custom field date format

I'm using WebDAV to create messages in a public folder.  I'm adding a
custom field to these messages.  The custom field is a date.  Is there
any way of having Exchange/Outlook recognize the fact that it is a
date field?  I've tried a variety of formats (including ISO8601), but
none seem to work.  If I display the field in Outlook as "text", it
displays fine (just as sent from my program).  However, as text it
does not sort correctly.  Alternatively, I can display a formula which
changes the value to a date, but then I have no control over the
formatting and Outlook doesn't allow sorting on a formula field.
So... I assume I have to tell Exchange that it is a date field, but
how?  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Brad.

2. How to defrag database to rebuild the index

3. Reading custom fields in the WebDAV?

4. Outlook 98 to Administrate Exchange 5.5

5. how to read custom fields

6. Sending message to more than one recipients with vbscript

7. Wrong Date on received date field

8. Exchange 5.0 HTTP Web Site...

9. How can I access custom field in outlook 2000

10. custom field in Exchange 2000 user account template

11. custom fields appear in different form fields for different public folders

12. finding a custom field in fields collection

13. Importing default form fields into custom form fields?