Need help Setting Public folder Storage limits and prohibiting posting programatically.

Need help Setting Public folder Storage limits and prohibiting posting programatically.

Post by Gordon Cashmor » Sun, 26 May 2002 04:33:48

Does anyone know how to set the storage  limits to prohibit posting on a
folder?

I have tried looking for methods and properties in CDO library, but am
having no luck.  Can anyone point me in the right direction or get me a
sample snippet of how they did it in their code

Thanks in advance
Gordon Cashmore
Ace Hardware Corp

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Mon, 27 May 2002 05:24:53

> Does anyone know how to set the storage  limits to prohibit posting on a
> folder?

> I have tried looking for methods and properties in CDO library, but am
> having no luck.  Can anyone point me in the right direction or get me a
> sample snippet of how they did it in their code

See if that one helps:

HOWTO: Set Public Folder Storage Limit Properties:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q294671

--
<Siegfried />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Need help Setting Public folder Storage limits and prohibiting posting programatically.

Post by gordon cashmor » Mon, 27 May 2002 06:31:36

Thank you very much for the help. This is exacly what I needed......

Gordon Cashmore

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 20:57:34

> Is it possible you can help me with this. included samples of the code I
am
> using with the error I am getting. I think it may have to do with
> Permissions, but I don't know. Maybe the line of code that I have
> highlighted in blue needs to be changed in some way. I can't find anything
> on the error I am getting.

> I would appreciated any help you can lend with this. I have also sent you
> screen shot of Exch Admin so you will be able to see the structure I am
> using. The public folders that I am trying to test is just from the
standard
> Exchange installation.

[snip]

I haven't had time to run your code but the error message you get (80004005)
indicated that you do not have permissions. I'd check those first and make
sure the account used to run the code has appropriate permissions. I think
it must be a Domain Admin and full Exchange Admin.