CDO Getstream.Savetofile Problem with PDF format

CDO Getstream.Savetofile Problem with PDF format

Post by jms6 » Thu, 31 May 2001 09:05:46

I'm writing an app that interfaces with a content management system.

I have an event sink that is registered on a public folder. When emails get sent
to the folder the sink fires. I get the mail and do a getstream.save to file and
then check the file into the content management system.. All is well with .EML
emails.

 The problem occurs when I drag and drop a .PDF file to the folder. The event
sink fires and the storage path points to the .PDF file. The problem is that when
I stream this to a file and try and open the file the file can't be read by Adobe
Reader as there seems to be other information encoded in the file. ADOBE doesn't
recognize it as a PDF file and gives a message stating such (File doesn't being
with %pdf).

How can I stream these files or any other like files and get the native format
sans encoded data ?

 Thanks in advance.

 MCSD,MCP

1. Strange formatting problem when adding an X- header to outgoing message via CDO advise sink

In an CDO event sink configured with a 2nd instance of SMTP service as
described in Q288756 I am using a slightly modified EventSinkScript.vbs as
described in Q317680.

The modification is that I add an additional X- header to the outgoing
message. My requirements are that it must be multiline.

So, I add something like that:

Msg.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:X-myheader").Value = "1st line" &
vbCr & vbCr & vbLf & vbTab & "new line"
Msg.Fields.Update
Msg.DataSource.Save

The header gets inserted as well as the disclaimer. However, vbCr and vbLf
characters are replaced with 3 spaces.

What am I doing wrong?

Nik

2. Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2000 Server (not Advanced Server)

3. problems with ScanMail and .PDF files

4. Can't delete newsgroups

5. SaveTo and SaveToFile failed (error 2147467262) - exchange server 2000

6. IRC Chat about Exchage Server

7. Encoding PDF's problem

8. Can't connect to Exchange Server on first try

9. Is IBodyPart.SaveToFile Asynchronous?

10. plug in problem when downloading pdf files

11. how to format a message with CDO

12. CDO saveto LDAP format

13. CDO Message Object.TimeReceived Format