Display msg with special char in subject

Display msg with special char in subject

Post by Roy » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:49:49

I'm having trouble displaying a message in Outlook Web Access.  The message
has a "#" sign in its subject (for example,
http://MyExchServer/exchange/MyMailbox/Inbox/messge#1.eml?Cmd=open)

The "#" sign keeps getting changed to %23.  How should the URL be formatted
so that the message can be displayed programmatically?

Thanks,
Roy

Display msg with special char in subject

Post by Roy » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:58:12

OK, I did some digging and found out about the Server.HTMLEncode method.  I
put the following in a WSS form in hopes of having OWA display the
message#1.eml message:

Response.Redirect(Server.HTMLEncode("http://MyExchServer/exchange/MyMailbox/
Inbox/messge#1.eml?Cmd=open")))

I didn't get what I hoped for.  Instead, a new window opens with the inbox
and all of its contents being displayed.

There must be a way to do this.  If I open the message#1 email through the
OWA 2000 interface (by clicking on it), the email is displayed just fine.

> I'm having trouble displaying a message in Outlook Web Access.  The
message
> has a "#" sign in its subject (for example,
> http://MyExchServer/exchange/MyMailbox/Inbox/messge#1.eml?Cmd=open)

> The "#" sign keeps getting changed to %23.  How should the URL be
formatted
> so that the message can be displayed programmatically?

> Thanks,
> Roy

Display msg with special char in subject

Post by Roy » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 04:32:12

Server.URLEncode does not work either.

> OK, I did some digging and found out about the Server.HTMLEncode method.
> put the following in a WSS form in hopes of having OWA display the
> message#1.eml message:

Response.Redirect(Server.HTMLEncode("http://MyExchServer/exchange/MyMailbox/
> Inbox/messge#1.eml?Cmd=open")))

> I didn't get what I hoped for.  Instead, a new window opens with the inbox
> and all of its contents being displayed.

> There must be a way to do this.  If I open the message#1 email through the
> OWA 2000 interface (by clicking on it), the email is displayed just fine.

Quote:> > I'm having trouble displaying a message in Outlook Web Access.  The