MAPI: Delivery reports

Post by Niels Kj? » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:19:36

Hi

I have a gateway, which is built from the EXCH sample gateway, and I am
having problems with delivery reports.

What properties should I set on the envelope and message when sending DR's
into EXCH?
I have tried setting:
PR_ORIGINAL_SEARCH_KEY,
PR_PARENT_KEY
PR_REPORT_DESTINATION_KEY,
PR_REPORT_TAG,
PR_REPORT_DESTINATION_NAME,
PR_REPORT_TIME,
PR_DELIVER_TIME,
PR_ORIGINAL_SUBJECT
on the message and envelope (better safe than sorry, I thought),  but to no
avail.
The DR's get delivered ok (although not all information is present in them),
but they are not correlated with the orginal message, so I cannot open the
original message and see a correct tracking status, not even after opening
the DR.

Read notifications work like a charm, strangely enough.

Does anybody know what properties I should set and where, in order to get
DR's to work correctly?

Thanks

Niels Kj?r

MAPI: Delivery reports

Post by Niels Kj? » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:37:13

I think I should mention that I write in C++

Quote:> Hi

> I have a gateway, which is built from the EXCH sample gateway, and I am
> having problems with delivery reports.

> What properties should I set on the envelope and message when sending DR's
> into EXCH?
> I have tried setting:
> PR_ORIGINAL_SEARCH_KEY,
> PR_PARENT_KEY
> PR_REPORT_DESTINATION_KEY,
> PR_REPORT_TAG,
> PR_REPORT_DESTINATION_NAME,
> PR_REPORT_TIME,
> PR_DELIVER_TIME,
> PR_ORIGINAL_SUBJECT
> on the message and envelope (better safe than sorry, I thought),  but to
no
> avail.
> The DR's get delivered ok (although not all information is present in
them),
> but they are not correlated with the orginal message, so I cannot open the
> original message and see a correct tracking status, not even after opening
> the DR.

> Read notifications work like a charm, strangely enough.

> Does anybody know what properties I should set and where, in order to get
> DR's to work correctly?

> Thanks

> Niels Kj?r

1. Non Delivery Reports/NDRs/Delivery Failures

Im having some troule with outgoing mail, even though the
mail that is sent out gets to the intended recipients
straight away the email still generates first a delay
notification and then a delivery failure notification.

I tried extended the amount of time a report is generated
but this still produces the notifications, I even tried
disabling the Non Delivery Reports in the advanced
properties of the default setup in the Internet Message
Format section of global settings of the Exchange System
Manager.

Please help as its getting really annoying.

Thanx

2. OWA

3. 5.5 failure report and solution - malformed mapi header

4. Template Exchange5.5

5. Customizing Non-Delivery Report(NDR) in Exchange

6. Message could not be delivered error

7. Processing non-delivery reports

8. Beta 2003 - Logon

9. non-delivery reports

10. Routing Mail Delivery Reports via script

11. Properties of Non-Delivery Report

12. Non-delivery reports for Disabled Accounts

13. Delivery reports