Exchange 2000 Asynchronous Event handling

Exchange 2000 Asynchronous Event handling

Post by Csaba Ludesche » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:14:07

1.When I'm trying to handle Exchange 2000 ASYNCHRONOUS
events i receive more notifications from the Exchange
store as it should normally be. I tried to move and copy
emails from 3 exchange accounts simultaneosly, cca. 400
emails from each account and I received with 1-2% more
notifications as it should have been fired. I handled each
notification in a separate thread (according to
Microsoft's recomandation) to let the handler return as
quickly as possible but I still get duplicate
notifications from the same fired event. (e.g. for 2000
events i got 2080 notifications.)

2. When i try to copy a folder with items within into an
another folder monitored folder (using Outlook) I got the
event fired only for the folder but not also for the items
contained in it.

Could somebody give me some suggestions, why it happens ?
Thank you in advance.

1. Asynchronous event not firing

Hi All,
I am trying to use the Exchange Store Events Sample
Application supplied with Exchange SDK. I want to use the
Asynchronous_OnSave event sink. I compiled the supplied
sink class, installed the dll as a COM+ component and then
registered the sink using the exe supplied in SDK. When I
send an e-mail to the user account , I don't get any
notification (the sink should send a notification to the e-
mail address set in sink method).

But if I enable/disable the sink, I do get a notification
email, but the information is about the event
registration, not about any e-mail received.

Am I missing something here, exchange/sink not installed
properly?

Vasu.

2. Mystery Personal Folders

3. Event Handling in Exchange

4. Bug?

5. Handling of Exchange Server Events

6. lost mailbox after restore

7. Exchange 2000 handling of user email

8. Download order

9. Memory handling on Exchange 2000

10. How Exchange 2000 Server handle priority of Email message

11. handling unknown recipients in exchange 2000?

12. How does Exchange 2000 handle attachments?

13. does Exchange Server 2000 handle email in priority?