Add a Folder for all Users

Post by Henr » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:09:09

We have just added SurfControl SMTP filter to our firm
infrastructure.  Being a law firm we are concerned about
the liability of a falsely identified email being
flagged.  Thus, we notify the user whenever a spam is
flagged.

into a folder for all users without having to setup a rule
for each person?  I know we can export a rule and even
possibly automate the implementation of the rule, but we
have not figured out how to create a folder for all users
in one fail swoop.

The perfect solution would create a folder under Inbox
called Spam Notices and then move messages from

Thanks!!!
.

Add a Folder for all Users

Post by Dave Mill » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:27:54

To create a folder for every user do the following (assuming you're using
Exchange 2000 or above):

- Create a service account that has access to all users' mailboxes.

- Use CDO 1.2.1 to logon the each user's mailbox and create the folder with
the name you desire

- Use the instructions at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/exch...

   to automate the creation of rules.

I hope this helps...  Let me know if you need some sample code and I can
probably dig it up.

- Dave

> We have just added SurfControl SMTP filter to our firm
> infrastructure.  Being a law firm we are concerned about
> the liability of a falsely identified email being
> flagged.  Thus, we notify the user whenever a spam is
> flagged.

> into a folder for all users without having to setup a rule
> for each person?  I know we can export a rule and even
> possibly automate the implementation of the rule, but we
> have not figured out how to create a folder for all users
> in one fail swoop.

> The perfect solution would create a folder under Inbox
> called Spam Notices and then move messages from

> Thanks!!!
> .

1. Problem adding private folders of other users

The matter is that all new Exchange Accounts I create are not able to add
the folders of other people. The old Accounts can.

In detail:
When I  go to mail profiles, open the Exchange Server service, go to the
Advanced label and try to add a new folder, the system retuns the following
message/error: (the message is translated from spanish to english, sorry if
its not exact)

                Could not resolve the name. Could not compete the action.

Normally there should appear a dialog box where you can introduce the name
of users account  folder you want to add, despite you have or not the
permisson to open it.

Could anybody give me any hints why this happens to me and how to solve this
problem??

Thank you very much

            Martin Schrutz

2. Kalender anderer Benutzer

3. Blocking Users from Adding folders to Public Folders

4. Mail to public folder mailbox

5. Can't add users to Public Folder permissions

6. Free Busy Connector Service

7. Public folder can't add user

8. can this be done??

9. Adding user permisions to a public folder

10. Notifying users when an item is added to a public folder

11. Rights on sub-folders when changing or adding user

12. Preventing users from adding a personal folder

13. public folder tool fro adding user rights????