Version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK???

Version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK???

Post by Panka » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 04:06:42

Hi,
Which version of Microsoft Platform SDK should be
installed for Exchange SDK 2000 to work properly?
When I installed MS Platform SDK August 2001. I had
Exchange Event Regsitration problem. When I installed
Visual Studio 6.0 with SP5. Then it worked fine.

Please let me know. It is urgent.
Thanks in advance.
Pankaj

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:07:22

> Which version of Microsoft Platform SDK should be
> installed for Exchange SDK 2000 to work properly?
> When I installed MS Platform SDK August 2001. I had
> Exchange Event Regsitration problem. When I installed
> Visual Studio 6.0 with SP5. Then it worked fine.

Sounds like you might have hit an MDAC (ADO) problem. There was an MDAC 2.6
release which broke ADO but it is fixed in MDAC 2.6SP1.

--
<Siegfried />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

Version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK???

Post by Panka » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:21:06

Hi Siegfried,
Thanks so much for reply. I installed ADO 2.6 SP1, but
still I am facing same problem.
Is it necessary to install MS Platform SDK for Exchange
Event Registration (Using Exchange SDK) to work correctly?
If yes, then which version of Platform SDK should be
installed?
Thanks so much.
Pankaj

Quote:>release which broke ADO but it is fixed in MDAC 2.6SP1.

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 04:04:26

> Is it necessary to install MS Platform SDK for Exchange
> Event Registration (Using Exchange SDK) to work correctly?

No. You can register an event with a simple VBScript which does not require
any SDK to be installed. Neither the Exchange 2000 SDK nor Platform SDK or
even the Exchange 2000 SDK Tools.

Quote:> If yes, then which version of Platform SDK should be
> installed?

I do have Platform SDK August 2001 installed with VB 6 SP5 but not on my
Exchange 2000 Server.
--
<Siegfried />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server
Co-author of "Professional CDO Programming", Wrox Press 1999

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. Version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK???

Hi,
Which version of Microsoft Platform SDK should be
installed for Exchange SDK 2000 to work properly?
When I installed MS Platform SDK August 2001. I had
Exchange Event Regsitration problem. When I installed
Visual Studio 6.0 with SP5. Then it worked fine.

Please let me know. It is urgent.
Thanks in advance.
Pankaj

2. Uninstall

3. Which version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK 2000???

4. Free/busy information

5. Which Version of Platform SDK with Exchange SDK 2000 ??

6. Project Sample Application

7. Integrate SDK with Platform SDK & Visual Studio

8. move inbox location to an other partition

9. Version of Microsoft Platform SDK for Exchange SDK 2000?

10. Compiling the exchange samples in Platform SDK

11. Exchange Component of Platform SDK Help PLEASE

12. 5.5 SDK and 2K SDK

13. HELP, looking for setup program sample gateway Platform SDK