Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Amal A. Kame » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Dear All,
How can I get the Instant Messaging SDK?I can not find it on Microsoft web.
I want to IM enable users programmatically, if there is another way than the
SDK, I will be greatfull to be informed
Thanks in advance
--
Amal A. Kamel

Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

It's part of the WSS SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/wss
Under solutions->Devliering instant messages.

-Jeff

Quote:> Dear All,
> How can I get the Instant Messaging SDK?I can not find it on Microsoft
web.
> I want to IM enable users programmatically, if there is another way than
the
> SDK, I will be greatfull to be informed
> Thanks in advance
> --
> Amal A. Kamel

Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Amal A. Kame » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Dear All,
    Thank you Jeff for your reply.
I had downloaded the wss sdk, installed it, then added in my VB project the
Admin dll.
but I had the following weeor: ActiveX can not create object in the line
Set Servers =    CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
Is there something else to register the dll except installation?(I had tried
the manual regsvr32 aslo)
Thanks again
Regards

--
Amal A. Kamel
Tech. Development Team Leader

> It's part of the WSS SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/wss
> Under solutions->Devliering instant messages.

> -Jeff

> > Dear All,
> > How can I get the Instant Messaging SDK?I can not find it on Microsoft
> web.
> > I want to IM enable users programmatically, if there is another way than
> the
> > SDK, I will be greatfull to be informed
> > Thanks in advance
> > --
> > Amal A. Kamel

Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You installed the client of the Exchange 2000 CD right?

-Jeff

> Dear All,
>     Thank you Jeff for your reply.
> I had downloaded the wss sdk, installed it, then added in my VB project
the
> Admin dll.
> but I had the following weeor: ActiveX can not create object in the line
> Set Servers =    CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
> Is there something else to register the dll except installation?(I had
tried
> the manual regsvr32 aslo)
> Thanks again
> Regards

> --
> Amal A. Kamel
> Tech. Development Team Leader
> www.mnseg.com
> Tel. : 202-3384745
> Fax : 202-3384746

> > It's part of the WSS SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/wss
> > Under solutions->Devliering instant messages.

> > -Jeff

> > > Dear All,
> > > How can I get the Instant Messaging SDK?I can not find it on Microsoft
> > web.
> > > I want to IM enable users programmatically, if there is another way
than
> > the
> > > SDK, I will be greatfull to be informed
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > --
> > > Amal A. Kamel

Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Amal A. Kame » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:30:47

The machine is having:
Exchange 2k
Instant messaging client,Instant messaging server
WSS SDK
I also receive the same error (Active X can not create object) with a vbs file
here is my code:
Set Servers = wscript.CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
Set UserAdmin = wscript.CreateObject("IMUserAdmin.IMUserAdmin.1")
'Set UserAdmin = CreateObject("IMUserAdmin.MSIMADMLib")

' Get the User IADsUser object
Set objUser = GetObject _
    ("LDAP://CN=Username,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com")

' Get the user's alias to use as IM address(required)
IMAlias = UserAdmin.UserEmailAlias(objUser)

' Get the user's domain to use as the IM domain
IMDomain = UserAdmin.IMDomain _
            (UserAdmin.UserEmailDomain(objUser))

' Enable the use for IM
Set IMUser = UserAdmin.EnableUser(objUser, IMAlias, _
   IMDomain, Servers("servername").VirtualServers(1))

' Update the IM user attributes to the
' active directory (required)
objUser.SetInfo

Any comments or suggestions are highly welcomed
Thanks
--
Amal A. Kamel
Tech. Development Team Leader
www.mnseg.com
Tel. : 202-3384745
Fax : 202-3384746

> You installed the client of the Exchange 2000 CD right?

> -Jeff

> > Dear All,
> >     Thank you Jeff for your reply.
> > I had downloaded the wss sdk, installed it, then added in my VB project
> the
> > Admin dll.
> > but I had the following weeor: ActiveX can not create object in the line
> > Set Servers =    CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
> > Is there something else to register the dll except installation?(I had
> tried
> > the manual regsvr32 aslo)
> > Thanks again
> > Regards

> > --
> > Amal A. Kamel
> > Tech. Development Team Leader
> > www.mnseg.com
> > Tel. : 202-3384745
> > Fax : 202-3384746

> > > It's part of the WSS SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/wss
> > > Under solutions->Devliering instant messages.

> > > -Jeff

> > > web.
> than
> > > the

Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Jeff Wierer [MS » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

And you installed the IM client? and the IM service is started?

  The machine is having:
  Exchange 2k
  Instant messaging client,Instant messaging server
  WSS SDK
  I also receive the same error (Active X can not create object) with a vbs file
  here is my code:
  Set Servers = wscript.CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
  Set UserAdmin = wscript.CreateObject("IMUserAdmin.IMUserAdmin.1")
  'Set UserAdmin = CreateObject("IMUserAdmin.MSIMADMLib")

  ' Get the User IADsUser object
  Set objUser = GetObject _
      ("LDAP://CN=Username,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com")

  ' Get the user's alias to use as IM address(required)
  IMAlias = UserAdmin.UserEmailAlias(objUser)

  ' Get the user's domain to use as the IM domain
  IMDomain = UserAdmin.IMDomain _
              (UserAdmin.UserEmailDomain(objUser))

  ' Enable the use for IM
  Set IMUser = UserAdmin.EnableUser(objUser, IMAlias, _
     IMDomain, Servers("servername").VirtualServers(1))

  ' Update the IM user attributes to the
  ' active directory (required)
  objUser.SetInfo

  Any comments or suggestions are highly welcomed
  Thanks
  --
  Amal A. Kamel
  Tech. Development Team Leader
  www.mnseg.com
  Tel. : 202-3384745
  Fax : 202-3384746

  > You installed the client of the Exchange 2000 CD right?
  >
  > -Jeff
  >

  > > Dear All,
  > >     Thank you Jeff for your reply.
  > > I had downloaded the wss sdk, installed it, then added in my VB project
  > the
  > > Admin dll.
  > > but I had the following weeor: ActiveX can not create object in the line
  > > Set Servers =    CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
  > > Is there something else to register the dll except installation?(I had
  > tried
  > > the manual regsvr32 aslo)
  > > Thanks again
  > > Regards
  > >
  > > --
  > > Amal A. Kamel
  > > Tech. Development Team Leader
  > > www.mnseg.com
  > > Tel. : 202-3384745
  > > Fax : 202-3384746
  > >

  > > > It's part of the WSS SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/wss
  > > > Under solutions->Devliering instant messages.
  > > >
  > > > -Jeff

  > > > web.
  > than
  > > > the

Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Amal A. Kame » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:38:29

the client is installed and is connecting to the server(I can not find a service called Instant messaging service)but the client is working.
With the previous code, I receive 'Can not locate automation class for IMServers.IMServer.1..
Can u kindly tell me the exact steps for making IM working.
Thanks
--
Amal A. Kamel
Tech. Development Team Leader
www.mnseg.com
Tel. : 202-3384745
Fax : 202-3384746

  And you installed the IM client? and the IM service is started?

    The machine is having:
    Exchange 2k
    Instant messaging client,Instant messaging server
    WSS SDK
    I also receive the same error (Active X can not create object) with a vbs file
    here is my code:
    Set Servers = wscript.CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
    Set UserAdmin = wscript.CreateObject("IMUserAdmin.IMUserAdmin.1")
    'Set UserAdmin = CreateObject("IMUserAdmin.MSIMADMLib")

    ' Get the User IADsUser object
    Set objUser = GetObject _
        ("LDAP://CN=Username,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com")

    ' Get the user's alias to use as IM address(required)
    IMAlias = UserAdmin.UserEmailAlias(objUser)

    ' Get the user's domain to use as the IM domain
    IMDomain = UserAdmin.IMDomain _
                (UserAdmin.UserEmailDomain(objUser))

    ' Enable the use for IM
    Set IMUser = UserAdmin.EnableUser(objUser, IMAlias, _
       IMDomain, Servers("servername").VirtualServers(1))

    ' Update the IM user attributes to the
    ' active directory (required)
    objUser.SetInfo

    Any comments or suggestions are highly welcomed
    Thanks
    --
    Amal A. Kamel
    Tech. Development Team Leader
    www.mnseg.com
    Tel. : 202-3384745
    Fax : 202-3384746

    > You installed the client of the Exchange 2000 CD right?
    >
    > -Jeff
    >

    > > Dear All,
    > >     Thank you Jeff for your reply.
    > > I had downloaded the wss sdk, installed it, then added in my VB project
    > the
    > > Admin dll.
    > > but I had the following weeor: ActiveX can not create object in the line
    > > Set Servers =    CreateObject("IMServers.IMServers.1")
    > > Is there something else to register the dll except installation?(I had
    > tried
    > > the manual regsvr32 aslo)
    > > Thanks again
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > --
    > > Amal A. Kamel
    > > Tech. Development Team Leader
    > > www.mnseg.com
    > > Tel. : 202-3384745
    > > Fax : 202-3384746
    > >

    > > > It's part of the WSS SDK http://msdn.microsoft.com/wss
    > > > Under solutions->Devliering instant messages.
    > > >
    > > > -Jeff

    > > > web.
    > than
    > > > the

Instant Messaging SDK

Post by Amal A. Kame » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Jeff,
The ProgID is invalid!!
it is not IMServers.IMServer.1 as  you are mentioning every where.
it is IMExchange.IMServer
Thanks for your help
regards