Event Sink Registration

Post by Dan Avn » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to test a global event sink and have written for that a small vb
activex dll. i tried registering the event with exchange using the following
line:

cscript regevent.vbs add onsyncsave OfficeCoreEXMonitor.ClsMonitor
file://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/officecore.com/MBX/SystemMailbox{7E95D2B1-2
89D-4A66-99B8-750EC1B0BAAA}/StoreEvents/GlobalEvents/OfficeCore_EventSink -m
ANY

the response i get is this:

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.1 for Windows
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-1999. All rights reserved.

New Event Binding created:
Event: onsyncsave
Sink:  OfficeCoreEXMonitor.ClsMonitor
FullBindingUrl:
file://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/officecore.com/MBX/SystemMailbox{7E95D2B1-2
89D-4A66-99B8-750EC1B0BAAA}/StoreEvents/GlobalEvents/OfficeCore_EventSink

Error Commiting Transaction : -2141913011 Event Registration failure: The
specified event sink (ProgID: %1) is not allowed to run in-proc.

what am i doing wrong?

Event Sink Registration

Post by Arnar Baldursso » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:01:19

Dan.

You need to create a COM+ application on your Exchange server. ActiveX dll
is run inproc which means it is running the same process space as the
"caller", which is in this case Exchange server. If there is an error in the
dll it may cause Exchange server to crash. To make the dll run out-of-proc
you can create a COM+ application that contains your ActiveX dll and simply
specify that it runs as an server.

Arnar.

Quote:> I am trying to test a global event sink and have written for that a small
vb
> activex dll. i tried registering the event with exchange using the
following
> line:

> cscript regevent.vbs add onsyncsave OfficeCoreEXMonitor.ClsMonitor

file://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/officecore.com/MBX/SystemMailbox{7E95D2B1-2
89D-4A66-99B8-750EC1B0BAAA}/StoreEvents/GlobalEvents/OfficeCore_EventSink -m
Quote:> ANY

> the response i get is this:

> Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.1 for Windows
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-1999. All rights reserved.

> New Event Binding created:
> Event: onsyncsave
> Sink:  OfficeCoreEXMonitor.ClsMonitor
> FullBindingUrl:

file://./backofficestorage/ADMIN/officecore.com/MBX/SystemMailbox{7E95D2B1-2
Quote:> 89D-4A66-99B8-750EC1B0BAAA}/StoreEvents/GlobalEvents/OfficeCore_EventSink

> Error Commiting Transaction : -2141913011 Event Registration failure: The
> specified event sink (ProgID: %1) is not allowed to run in-proc.

> what am i doing wrong?

1. Event Sink Registration

Hello All,

My objective is to create and register an event sink
(OnSyncSave)on Microsoft Exchange 2000.
(Say for example send out notifications when a new mail is
arrived)

I have done the following:

1) Created the event sink (in C++ as dll)
2) Create a COM application (Using MMC)
3) Create a COM Component.(Using the DLL created in step1)

I think creating and deploying COM component for Event
Sink is over.

Now I wanted to register the Event sink for a user's folder
(Inbox in mycase)

I had seen couple of approaches for creating a
registration item in the folder.

a) using ADO
b) Using regevent.vbs

I had chosen to use the later (regevent.vbs)

Am I correct , If I run the "regevent.vbs" as below:

cscript RegEvent.vbs Add  OnSyncSave
                   <MyDLLName.MyEeventSinkClassName.1>
                  file://./backofficestorage/domain/public%
20folders/myfolder/<some_Item_name>

My Questions:

1) Can I choose whatever orbitrary name for
<Some_item_name> ?

2) Is the event sinc regisered for the folder "myfolder"
in the above example ?

3) Is the class Identifier for the event sink
<MyDLLName.MyEeventSinkClassName.1> ?

What is Class Identifier , is it dllname(.dot)classname
(.dot)1, if so what does <1> represent here ?

I have seen the following parameters in the syntax for
RegEvent.vbs

-file ScriptFilePath
-url ScriptURL

I could not get the detailed description of what these are.
I am assuming these parameters are required when the event
sink is implemented using vbscript instead of as a COM
component.

Am I right ?

I might sound stupid , but I am VERY new to
C++/COM/Exchange and Microsoft world.

Thanks for any input and insight.

Sam

2. Outlook or OWA for remote clients

3. Event Sink Registration (error - 2141913011)

4. Arcserve backup for Exchange

5. event sink registration

6. How can I tell if stand alone exchange is running properly?

7. Event Sink Registration Issues

8. Help to recieve Internet Mail

9. Event Sink Registration fails

10. Transport Event Sink Registration Wizard / transwiz.exe

11. Windows XP and SMTP Event Sink Registration

12. Problem with event sink registration

13. Multiple Event Sink Registrations