How to detect, that item is locked (avoid version conflict)

How to detect, that item is locked (avoid version conflict)

Post by Boris Glazyri » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 05:39:06

Hello
I am developing Outlook2000/Exchange2000 program.
How can I detect, that item is opened (locked)?
I need to do it on client and server.
The only thing i found is DAV:lockdiscovery field in Exchange 2000, but I
didn't find any information how to work with it.
Is it possible to detect on client, that item is lock with CDO1.21 OOM or
MAPI?
or only with WebDAV?

Can i work with this property on server with cdo 2000?

Is there any standart solutions how to detect and avoid version conflicts?

May be somebody say where to read about it?

Thanks ahead
Boris

How to detect, that item is locked (avoid version conflict)

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 08:09:27

Outlook 2000, CDO and MAPI provide no item locking. If users are working
with Outlook, you need to devise and provide your own locking mechanism. A
simple method is to set a custom property on an item when a user opens it
and not allow changes to be saved for other users.

To use WebDAV locking, implement your application as an application with web
forms, rather than Outlook forms. Tom Rizzo has some information on this in
the 2nd edition of his Programming Outlook and Exchange book.

--
Sue Mosher
Author of

Quote:> Hello
> I am developing Outlook2000/Exchange2000 program.
> How can I detect, that item is opened (locked)?
> I need to do it on client and server.
> The only thing i found is DAV:lockdiscovery field in Exchange 2000, but I
> didn't find any information how to work with it.
> Is it possible to detect on client, that item is lock with CDO1.21 OOM or
> MAPI?
> or only with WebDAV?

> Can i work with this property on server with cdo 2000?

> Is there any standart solutions how to detect and avoid version conflicts?

> May be somebody say where to read about it?

> Thanks ahead
> Boris

1. OWA can't detect user's IE version

Please help.
My office using Exchange Server 2000 with OWA, SP2.
After I reboot my server in last week, my OWA start can't
detect client's IE is 5.0 or above.
So that Many feature for IE5.0 or above are can't use !
What can I do to resolve it ?

2. Exchange Backup

3. OWA cannot detect user IE version

4. OWA: How to Add Signatures

5. exmerge detects wrong version of store

6. FaxServer for Exchange? Which one?

7. How detect if is a Standard or Entrepise version of Exchange 2000

8. Deny delivery to non-local recipient

9. Detect Exchange Version

10. Help with incorrect version detected

11. file version conflict

12. Conflicting Service Pack Version numbers.

13. Public Folder ( Version conflict)