ASP code with CDOEX.dll but IMailBox.Calendar property empty

ASP code with CDOEX.dll but IMailBox.Calendar property empty

Post by Xavier Daubigeo » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:43:14

Hello,

I would like to use CDOEX.dll to access Exchange 2000 mailboxes in an ASP
page.

With this code (taken from MSDN), I succeed in getting the IMailBox object
but the only property filled is "RootFolder" :

Set person = CreateObject("CDO.Person")

person.DataSource.Open strURL

Set mailbox = person.GetInterface("IMailbox")

mailbox.RootFolder    is filled with something like :
"file://./backofficestorage/mydomain.com/MBX/Administrator/NON_IPM_SUBTREE"
mailbox.Inbox             is empty
mailbox.Calendar        is empty

As  I would like to add an appointment, I need to have the "Calendar"
property filled. How can I have that ?

Thanks

Xavier

--

.

Xavier DAUBIGEON

Web      : www.DeliaSystems.com
More on : www.Opti-Time.com

1. CDOEX/ADO/ASP and mapi property type PT_BINARY

Hi,
I am trying to create task requests using CDOEX and I have made some
progress, but now I got stuck with mapi properties of type PT_BINARY. Is
there a way to assign variables in visual basic to these properties so that
their type  would be in PT_BINARY,
http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm lists it as 'Unkown Format'. I'll include a
bit of the code working with tasks at the end of the post  in case anyone
else is struggling with creating task-items using CDOEX(actually it can
already create tasks, but not task requests). A good program to find out
what values are stored in outlook properties and their ID's, is  OutlookSpy,
which you can find from http://dimastr.com/outspy/.

--
' Reference CDO for Exchange 2000
Dim msgTaskRequest As CDO.Message

Set msgTaskRequest = New CDO.Message

With msgTaskRequest
      ' Send using Exchange server

.Configuration.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendus
ing") = 3
      .Configuration.Fields.Update

      .Subject = "Task"
      .TextBody = "Message Body"
      .Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/outlookmessageclass") =
"IPM.Task"
      ' Task Start date

.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000-C000-00000
0000046}/0x00008104") = Now()
      ' Task Due date

.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000-C000-00000
0000046}/0x00008105") = CDate("8/22/2001")
      ' Task Owner

.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000-C000-00000
0000046}/0x0000811F") = "John Doe"
      ' Task complete true/false

.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062003-0000-0000-C000-00000
0000046}/0x0000811C") = False
      lngNumber = 369
      ' Right click context menu choices for "Mark Complete" & "Assign Task"

.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/id/{00062008-0000-0000-C000-00000
0000046}/0x00008510") = lngNumber
      .Fields.Update
      .Send
   End With

   Set msgTaskRequest = Nothing

--
Olli

2. Large Disk Drives and Exchange

3. Get a person's calendar with CDOEX / ASP

4. Directory changes help

5. Can't get calendar url thru IMailbox

6. Workflow Designer

7. cdo code in c++ / cdoex problem

8. SMTP Mail

9. cdoex.dll for exchange 2000

10. CDOEX Appointment.Contact property not visible in Outlook?

11. CDOEX - RecurrencePattern.WeekDays property?

12. List of all MAPI properties using CDOEX/ADO

13. CDOEX and ASP