Creating appointment

Post by RonC » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 06:22:58

I am wrting an application to write appointments to
Exchange 2000.  Here is the code
With oAppointment

                .StartTime = CDate(oXMLReader("Date")
& " " & oXMLReader("StartTime"))
                .EndTime = CDate(oXMLReader("Date") & " "
& oXMLReader("EndTime"))
                .Subject = "I hope this works"
                .TextBody = "This is way cool"
                .Location = "Who Cares?"

                ' strStorageName += oXMLReader("email")
& "/calendar/"
                '.Fields.Update()
                'oConn.Open()
                System.Diagnostics.EventLog.Wri*try
("comListenerBeta", oXMLReader("Date") & " " & oXMLReader
("StartTime"), Diagnostics.EventLogEntryType.Information)

                .DataSource.SaveToContainer(strStorageName)
            End With

I am using VB.net.  When it gets to
the .DataSource.SavetoContainer, I get an "Unspecified
Error CDO.Appointments.1"  When I chech the folder in
exchanger, there is an item, but it is blank.  Can anyone
suggest anything

1. Creating appointment Item in Public calendar folder

Hi
       I am using CDO to add an appointment object to a public calendar
folder.But I am not able to do so.
I have navigated successfully to the public calendar and assigned it's
reference to a CDO Folder object. However, even though it is definitely a
calendar folder, whenever I use the 'add' method of the Messages collection,
I get a Message object back instead of an AppointmentItem object. The CDO
documentation assures me this is the correct way to
create a new appointment, and that CDO should decide the class of the object
for me, which is damn annoying since it appears to be getting it wrong.

When I add the appointment using OWA it does it properly.I mean OWA some how
sets the message type tp IPM.Appointment. But when I try to do it through
the type is IPM.Note.

Any help will be of great assistance.

2. newprof.exe $username

3. Programmatically Creating Appointments for other users?

4. Undeliverable message for no such recipient

5. Creating Appointments in Exchange2k with WebDAV

6. Rehoming Public folders

7. Create Appointments in a public folder

8. Public folder access using the IMC?

9. Help: Unable to create appointment via CDO

10. Creating appointments in exchange mailboxes using CDO

11. Create Appointments in a public folder

12. Create appointment in the Exchange Store

13. Creating Appointment for a public folder