How to get CDO.IMessage object FileName when using OnArrival Event Sink

How to get CDO.IMessage object FileName when using OnArrival Event Sink

Post by Henry Le » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:52:03

I am trying to write an Event Sink routine under CDO for Windows 2000 and/or
CDO for Exchange 2000.
My problem is when I catch the incoming message via CDO.IMessage object, I
just can not get the FileName prop of it.
I do all of these under Windows 2000 SMTP service which dropping the
incoming email message into the drop directory such as
c:\Inetpub\mailroot\Drop.
I found that when the OnArrival event sink is in action, the new incoming
message is not dropped into the drop directory yet. That means I can not use
IMessages interface to receive the FileName of the new IMessage object.
Does anybody know how to get the FileName such as *******.eml in this case.

1. Creating an Auto-Reply using CDO OnArrival Event Sink

Hello,

I am able to trap messages coming in for a particular recipient using a VB
script-based sink, but I'm having trouble setting up a reply back to the
sender and then allowing the sender's message to continue on to the
recipient.  If I try to create a new CDO.Message object the script fails
(how can I debug this failure?).  If I must only use the message object
passed into the SMTPOnArrival_OnArrival function, how would I create a
reply?

Many Thanks,
Phil

2. CDO Logon and privileges needed.

3. .NET and CDO OnArrival Sink Examples or Tutorial

4. OWA and the GAL

5. PROBLEM using event sink, cdo, saving message and attchments to disk

6. Dr. Watson in DS

7. OnArrival-Event-Sink only for external emails ?

8. Global Address Book permissions

9. SMTP OnArrival Event Sink

10. SMTP OnArrival Event Sink not working, please help

11. OnArrival event sink

12. Create .msg file in SMTP OnArrival Event Sink

13. Event Sink and OnArrival