SMTPEventSink: Capturing all emails?

Post by michael.ekegren[no-spam » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:39:24

Hi All

We have tried to implement a small SMTPEventSink which is registered
with the smtpreg.vbs script for the onArrival sink.

However!
We can't seem to trigger our eventsink with mails sent from Outlook.
Sending mails through SMTP works fine (using telnet) - but not outlook.
Using the standard SMTPEventSink example from support.microsoft.com
states that not all properties is available or able to be modified when
a mail with "the outlook SMTP package" arrives, which might explain our
current observations.

We wish to save a copy of selected out/in-going mails to a collection of
public folder using the SMTPEventSink - but also when mails are sent
using Outlook. Can anyone help us with a strategy or a technical pointer
to how to implement it?

Best regards
Michael Ekegren

SMTPEventSink: Capturing all emails?

Post by Stefan Brueh » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 20:00:53

Hi Michael!

I have got the same problem. There seems to be no
solutionfor it. There is a problem with MAPI clients
because they have a differen content typ.
For further informations take a look at:

There are some suggestions how to solve the problem, but
they are not reliable.
See Knowledgebase article 288756. They suggest to create
another virtual SMTP Server.
The problem with this solution is that it only works if
the virtual SMTP Service starts after the original
started.

Have a try,

Stefan

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi All

>We have tried to implement a small SMTPEventSink which
is registered
>with the smtpreg.vbs script for the onArrival sink.

>However!
>We can't seem to trigger our eventsink with mails sent
from Outlook.
>Sending mails through SMTP works fine (using telnet) -
but not outlook.
>Using the standard SMTPEventSink example from

support.microsoft.com
Quote:>states that not all properties is available or able to
be modified when
>a mail with "the outlook SMTP package" arrives, which
might explain our
>current observations.

>We wish to save a copy of selected out/in-going mails to
a collection of
>public folder using the SMTPEventSink - but also when
mails are sent
>using Outlook. Can anyone help us with a strategy or a
technical pointer
>to how to implement it?

>Best regards
>Michael Ekegren

>.

1. Email Capture Program

Specifically I want a program that can act as a middleman, that sends every
external outgoing email to a person in specific and that person has the
control to let the e-mail go out to the internet. I have found some
programs, but they basically are spy software like Spector Pro and I don't
want that.

Thanx for your help

2. Differences between Exchange 5.0 and 5.5

3. Capture all email for a specific user

4. Pop3 connector

5. capturing undelivered emails

6. Changing IMS Welcome Message

7. Capturing Unknown Receipent Email

8. Can Exchg clients add Global Internet Addresses?

9. Capturing external sender's email addresses

10. How can I capture a users email

11. capturing all incoming email

12. capturing mis-addressed emails