Error using CDOEXM

Post by Gary » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:22:56

I'm developing a .NET based application where I need to create mailbox in
exchange server for already existing users in Active Directory. I'm using
CDOEXM(Collaboration data Objects for Excchange management) for creating
mail box account in exchange server.

  I have seen an article in Microsoft site(
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313114 ) and followed exactly. But i'm
geting an exception "An unhandled exception of type
'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in MBTest.exe
Additional information: There is no such object on the server." .It's said
in that article that the above error occurs if the string passed to
createmailbox is not correct. I have doubly checked and also used an LDAP
browser to get the string correctly. Still I get the error.
 Btw, I'm using win2k advanced advanced server with pre-sp4 and exchange
server 2000 with sp2.

 Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

TIA,
Gary

Error using CDOEXM

Post by Dave Mill » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:45:06

Which line are you getting the error on?  Also, can you post your modified
version of the code?

- Dave

Quote:> I'm developing a .NET based application where I need to create mailbox in
> exchange server for already existing users in Active Directory. I'm using
> CDOEXM(Collaboration data Objects for Excchange management) for creating
> mail box account in exchange server.

>   I have seen an article in Microsoft site(
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313114 ) and followed exactly. But i'm
> geting an exception "An unhandled exception of type
> 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in MBTest.exe
> Additional information: There is no such object on the server." .It's said
> in that article that the above error occurs if the string passed to
> createmailbox is not correct. I have doubly checked and also used an LDAP
> browser to get the string correctly. Still I get the error.
>  Btw, I'm using win2k advanced advanced server with pre-sp4 and exchange
> server 2000 with sp2.

>  Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

> TIA,
> Gary

1. Creation of user&mailbox using cdoexm.dll

I need to create a mailbox for a active directory user
from a remote machine. Everything I read says that i need
to have the Exchange Management components installed on
this machine to use cdoexm.dll to do this.

Is there a a way I can install the exchange management
component files manually and not have to go through the
actual installation process, since i just need to create a
mailbox
Thanks in advance
BG

2. Defrag on Exchange 5.5 Priv.edd

3. Problem with creating Mailbox with Exchange2003 using CDOEXM

4. Cannot Send Internet E-Mail via Proxy

5. Creating an E2K Mailbox using CDOEXM

6. Implementing NNTP feed on Exchange server

7. using CDOEXM against clustered E2K Servers

8. HTTP access cuases high cpu utilization

9. Using CDOEXM in C++

10. Using CDOEXM in C++??

11. Where to find cdoexm.h, cdoexm_i.c for CDOEXM?

12. Install CDOExM on a non Exchange Server

13. CDOEXM for Exchange 2000