Folder Properties

Post by melashmaw » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 01:06:31

I want to change the folder properties of a folder in the public folders.
What I actually want to do is to make a folder in the public folders appear
like the inbox in the OWA (with the interface of mail items). I suppose I
can do that by changing its properties.
Thnx  a lot

Folder Properties

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:13:09

> I want to change the folder properties of a folder in the public folders.
> What I actually want to do is to make a folder in the public folders
appear
> like the inbox in the OWA (with the interface of mail items). I suppose I
> can do that by changing its properties.

You cannot make a particular public folder appear as the inbox. The inbox is
a special folder of the users mailbox and cannot be changed that way. This
is by design in any Exchange Server version.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) - Exchange Server

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application Experts
http://www.cdolive.com

Please reply to the newsgroups so that others can benefit from the
discussion.
Questions by e-mail are discarded without further notice.

1. Folder properties vs message properties ???

Hi, I wish to find some data pertaining to a folder as
opposed to a message. Is it possible using CDO 1.2.1 to
retrieve this information with such tags as
PR_CREATOR_NAME
PR_LAST ACCESS_TIME

again this is just for the folder and not the message.
Also is there a way to retrive the owners email address
using similar tags?  Thanks in advance.

2. Why does Outlook 97 always try to connect to my ISP

3. folder properties vs message properties ????

4. Looking for a good anti-spam software package

5. Folder properties vs message properties ???

6. Add mailbox from command line util?

7. Public folders - Batch change public folders properties

8. Address Book Views

9. Outlook Public/Favorites Folders Properties

10. Agent tab missing from folder properties dialog

11. no Agent Tab on public folder Property sheet

12. Agent Tab doesn't appear on folder properties in Outlook98

13. Q: Accessing Folder properties from Word