best practices for Event Sink & folder ownerships?

best practices for Event Sink & folder ownerships?

Post by Matt Harringto » Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:04:48

I'm going to write an Event Sink for Exchange 2000 to trap the OnSave
asynchronous event.  What is a good strategy to follow when it comes to
ownership of the public folders and the application identity of the COM+
wrapper application I'll have to create?

For example, should I create a special account called "eventsinker" to run
my COM+ wrapper?  Would "eventsinker" need to be an owner of the public
folder i'm working with?  I'll use RegEvent.vbs to register my event.
Should I execute that with the "runas" command to register the event under
the "eventsinker" account?  as in:

file://./backofficestorage/domain.com/path/to/PublicFolder"

any general strategies you'd like to share would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

1. SP4 & Best Practices

I'm installing Exchange SP 4 does anyone have a link or quick instructions
on steps for doing this? Such as which services should be stopped, if any,
should I do a defrag first etc,etc. I do know I supposed to do a GOOD backup
but I am looking for any helpful hints/info to make this easy.

Thanks

2. exchange server requirement

3. Offline Folder Stores - Best Practices

4. HELP with 5.5 setup - services won't start

5. Event sink not called for folder events

6. POP3 Account : Change password

7. SMTP Event Sink & Object Concurrency

8. Migration Question

9. Exchange Event Sink & Multiple Recipients

10. Mirrored Exchange sites or best practice...

11. best practices - backup

12. LISTSERV / Distribution List - Current Best Practice

13. Best Practices for multiple global catalog servers in multiples sites