sending and receiving S/MIME encrypted messages inside a dotnet-application

sending and receiving S/MIME encrypted messages inside a dotnet-application

Post by Oliver Ul » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:00:42

Does anyone know if it is possible to send messages from inside a
.Net-Application using S/MIME for encryption and signing using MS Exchange?

Oliver Ulm

sending and receiving S/MIME encrypted messages inside a dotnet-application

Post by Vizvary Istvan II » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 17:31:10

Quote:> Does anyone know if it is possible to send messages from inside a
> .Net-Application using S/MIME for encryption and signing using MS

Exchange?

Yes you can, eg. using WebDav protocol for communication with the server..

Vizvary Istvan III
http://www.ppuvas.com.pl

1. S/MIME setup with Certificate server for encrypted SMTP internet mail

I have been asked to look into secure internet mail for our company and in
doing so I came across the S/MIME configuration in Outlook 2000 and Outlook
98. This looks like the solution I need. It appears that you can have a
certificate or keys to encrypt mail across the internet.

I have set up certificate server on a domain controller and Key manager on
the e-mail server. I created a Digital ID for a client and can send
encrypted mail within the organisation. The certificates for internal mail
have the following settings :-

Ensure e-mail came from sender
Protect e-mail from tampering
Ensure the content of e-mail cannot be viewed by others

When I attempt to configure the client to send S/MIME I don't appear to be
able to select a certificate.

Is there any info on setting up S/MIME for exchange with your own
certificate system ? Have you set it up ?

Thanks for any comments.

MCP

2. OWA DMZ

3. Sending encrypted/signed message programmatically

4. Anonymous Posting Service for Exchange 5.5

5. How can I receive MIME format messages?

6. can exchange forward mails

7. OWA Sends Encrypted Messages

8. Problem starting Internet Mail Service.....

9. Sending encrypted message using CDO

10. My Outgoing E-Mail Message are received as MIME format

11. How to send message through Exchange from inside CGI script

12. Question on inclluding Excel SS in Exchange message

13. Receive a copy of all sent and received e-mail messages