error 8007202B "A referral was returned from the server"

error 8007202B "A referral was returned from the server"

Post by Conal Tuoh » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I get the error 8007202B "A referral was returned from the server" when
trying to run MS sample code to create a contact in the active directory
using LDAP.

Any ideas? I used to have this working fine on E2k RC2, but with the RTM
version I have no luck at all. I understand that the "referral" is Exchange
referring me to another LDAP server, but I can't see why, or even which
server it is trying to refer me to.

Help!

Regards,

Conal Tuohy

PS Here's the sample code I'm running:

Dim oPerson As New CDO.Person
Dim strURL As String

oPerson.FirstName = "John"
oPerson.LastName = "Smith"
oPerson.HomeCity = "Redmond"
oPerson.HomeState = "Washington"

oPerson.Fields("objectClass").Value = "contact"
oPerson.Fields.Update

strURL =
"LDAP://theserver/cn=johnsmith,cn=users,dc=somwhere,dc=microsoft,dc=com"

'Save the contact
oPerson.DataSource.SaveTo strURL

1. error 8007202B "A referral was returned from the server"

[...]

2. Exchange and internet mail

3. Please Help""""""""""""""

4. two independent exchange servers in one outlook

5. "Internal support function returned error"

6. Info Store - Duplicate mailboxes

7. "Mail System Error - Returned Mail"

8. Use of all that "Extra" information in Exchange

9. I am so "MAD.EXE"

10. objAMSession.AddressLists("Global Address List").AddressEntries returns nothing

11. Disable returning "Read Reciepts"?

12. deleted mailbox returning "undeliverable"

13. incorrect returned mail "postmaster" address