mailbox not created immediately

mailbox not created immediately

Post by Rafael Nenninge » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:19:00



I wrote code to create a mailbox recipient and so the user to access the
account immediately. Once the code finishes it outputs a link to the
Exchange server so that the user can access his mailbox.

However I noticed that the mailbox is not created immediately. I tried the
sample code for immediate login in the Exchange SDK, but it doesn't work
most of the times.

I also tried sending an email to the new Welcome email once the mailbox is
created but since the mailbox is not available yet the user does not get it.

How can I "wait" for the mailbox to be ready so that the welcome email is
received and the mailbox is available for access?

Thank you for your time,

Rafael

 
 
 

mailbox not created immediately

Post by Steve Szudzi » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:55:35


It usually takes MAD about 60 seconds to update the proxy address for the
user. Once this has been done, then the mailbox can be accessed. So your
best bet would be to query the user account until the SMTP proxy address
shows up...

Steve Szudzik
http://www.szudzikfamily.com


Quote:> I wrote code to create a mailbox recipient and so the user to access the
> account immediately. Once the code finishes it outputs a link to the
> Exchange server so that the user can access his mailbox.

> However I noticed that the mailbox is not created immediately. I tried the
> sample code for immediate login in the Exchange SDK, but it doesn't work
> most of the times.

> I also tried sending an email to the new Welcome email once the mailbox is
> created but since the mailbox is not available yet the user does not get
it.

> How can I "wait" for the mailbox to be ready so that the welcome email is
> received and the mailbox is available for access?

> Thank you for your time,

> Rafael


 
 
 

mailbox not created immediately

Post by Rafael Nenninge » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 04:28:34


Thanks for the reply Steve,

I don't have a proxy sever, it's just a dev server with E2K, but I think
that querying for a particular field would apply, which field would it be?

Thanks for your time,

Rafael


> It usually takes MAD about 60 seconds to update the proxy address for the
> user. Once this has been done, then the mailbox can be accessed. So your
> best bet would be to query the user account until the SMTP proxy address
> shows up...

> Steve Szudzik
> http://www.szudzikfamily.com



> > I wrote code to create a mailbox recipient and so the user to access the
> > account immediately. Once the code finishes it outputs a link to the
> > Exchange server so that the user can access his mailbox.

> > However I noticed that the mailbox is not created immediately. I tried
the
> > sample code for immediate login in the Exchange SDK, but it doesn't work
> > most of the times.

> > I also tried sending an email to the new Welcome email once the mailbox
is
> > created but since the mailbox is not available yet the user does not get
> it.

> > How can I "wait" for the mailbox to be ready so that the welcome email
is
> > received and the mailbox is available for access?

> > Thank you for your time,

> > Rafael

 
 
 

mailbox not created immediately

Post by Steve Szudzi » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 05:09:20


No, it doesn't have anything to do with proxy server.

Through ADSI you want to check the proxyAddresses for the new user and wait
until a valid SMTP address is present.


> Thanks for the reply Steve,

> I don't have a proxy sever, it's just a dev server with E2K, but I think
> that querying for a particular field would apply, which field would it be?

> Thanks for your time,

> Rafael



> > It usually takes MAD about 60 seconds to update the proxy address for
the
> > user. Once this has been done, then the mailbox can be accessed. So your
> > best bet would be to query the user account until the SMTP proxy address
> > shows up...

> > Steve Szudzik
> > http://www.szudzikfamily.com



> > > I wrote code to create a mailbox recipient and so the user to access
the
> > > account immediately. Once the code finishes it outputs a link to the
> > > Exchange server so that the user can access his mailbox.

> > > However I noticed that the mailbox is not created immediately. I tried
> the
> > > sample code for immediate login in the Exchange SDK, but it doesn't
work
> > > most of the times.

> > > I also tried sending an email to the new Welcome email once the
mailbox
> is
> > > created but since the mailbox is not available yet the user does not
get
> > it.

> > > How can I "wait" for the mailbox to be ready so that the welcome email
> is
> > > received and the mailbox is available for access?

> > > Thank you for your time,

> > > Rafael

 
 
 

1. Automatically creating mailboxes - response OK but accounts not created

Dear all,

Exch. 5.5 SP1
NT 4 SP3
BORK2

Dear all,

we would like to setup a WebPage where customers can request a mailbox.
From the information we have we would like to send an automatically created
mail (using bamboo) with the Subject NEW and the body
NTaccount,Firstname,Lastname (the way the mailbox agent expects such

We tried it yesterday and had the following result: The mail was delivered
and we got an immediate reply from the mailbox agent telling us, that the
accounts have been created. But they haven`t!!!

Having a look at the application log I had an error like "object name for
basepoint ||... (strange entries) not valid".

Well, I wonder what`s the difference between sending this request using OWA
or sending it using this way. With OWA it was no problem.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks

Manuela

2. Add 2nd SMTP address for all users?

3. Mailbox Rights not getting set when new mailbox is created for a user

4. POP / SMTP SERVER

5. Problem: Incoming mails do not display immediately in Outlook

6. I hope this is the right group. If not, please excuse this message.

7. Mail not arriving immediately to inbox

8. Move mailbox fails between Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers

9. Install E2K but not migrate immediately

10. IMC sends EMails immediately - I DO NOT WANT THIS hheellpp

11. Problem: Incoming mails do not display immediately in Outlook

12. Outlook client not receiving mails immediately

13. New e-mails not immediately showing up in Inbox