Referencing CDOEx.dll in .Net application

Referencing CDOEx.dll in .Net application

Post by may » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 09:41:20

Hi

I am developing a .Net application to access Exchange 2K store.
Exchange 2000 is running on a separate Windows 2000 server.

I may need to use the CDO for Exchange dlls. How do I set a reference
to Cdoex.dll from my .Net appln.

CdoEx.dll is installed with Exchange 2000 which is residing on a
separate server.

1. CDOEX/CDOEXM & ASP.NET

Hey there,

  I have a few applications in traditiopnal ASP and VB that work great using
the new CDOEX libraries to create user accounts.

  The issue I am having is that anytime I try an use the ".Fields" property
to define a custom attribute I get a compile error in my .Net application
stating that the ".Fields" property is "Read Only".

  Now if this item is READ ONLY, then why can I update it in VB proper or
ASP? It seems that .Net is confusing the ".Fields" property to ADODB and not
the CDOEX?

  Here is an example of what I am trying to update:

With prsmbx
    .FirstName = strFirstName
    .LastName = strLastName
    .Fields("userAccountControl") = 2
    .Fields.Update()
    .DataSource.SaveTo(strLDAP)
End With

  Now here I am making a user account and making it active using the
".Fields" property. Unfortunately I cannot activate the account in .Net
because it tells me that field is read only.

  Any advice?

--

Timothy H. Schilbach
Sr. Messaging Administrator  (MCSD)

2. Outlook temporarily freezes

3. Exchange 2000 Server SP3 and CDOEX/CDOSYS applications

4. simple OWA question

5. cdoex.dll for exchange 2000

6. Newbie Question

7. Redistributing cdoex.dll

8. name not resolved or exchange bug or ??????

9. ASP code with CDOEX.dll but IMailBox.Calendar property empty

10. Exchange 2000 Server SP3 and CDOEX/CDOSYS applications

11. Reference to ctreestd.dll ???

12. Customized Appointment form referencing a .DLL

13. How to add a reference to Olemsg32.dll