cannot open mailbox

Post by bria » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:49:53

recently a person just left my buisness and I want to open
his exchange mail box thru my outlook. I can add the mail
box no problem but I just cant open it.  It says outlook
cannot open folder.  Its wierd because if you go to his
old laptop and open up outlook, is works just fine.  I am
running Outlook 2002, and so was he.  Has any one heard of
this?  We are running exchange 2000.

thanks in advance
Brian Thompson

cannot open mailbox

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:57:27

Do you have permissions on his mailbox?

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> recently a person just left my buisness and I want to open
> his exchange mail box thru my outlook. I can add the mail
> box no problem but I just cant open it.  It says outlook
> cannot open folder.  Its wierd because if you go to his
> old laptop and open up outlook, is works just fine.  I am
> running Outlook 2002, and so was he.  Has any one heard of
> this?  We are running exchange 2000.

> thanks in advance
> Brian Thompson

1. Cannot open mailbox after mailbox move - URGENT HELP NEEDED

Hello,

We are running Exch5.5(sp2). Outlook98 clients.

I have recently moved a few mailboxes to another server in the same site.
The problem is that users are who are still sitting on the old server and
have added other users (sitting on the new server) mailboxes cannot expand
their folders. This use to work when they were on the same server.

The permissions are set correctly. We have reprofiled both users. But still
the same problem.

The error reads. "Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not
be opened."

Please Help

Thanks
Samir

2. Name Resolution?

3. Change ISP

4. Cannot open Mailbox with Outlook

5. Help!! Exchange is causing Newbie major hair loss!!!!

6. Cannot Open Mailbox in Admin Program

7. Restoring edb-files

8. Cannot Open Mailbox Resources

9. User cannot open mailbox

10. Cannot open mailbox

11. HELP! Cannot open mailboxes

12. cannot open certain email exchanges mailboxes