IM and VPN

Post by marc » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:45:39

I have 3 W2K servers behind a firewall 3COM with NAT and
one-to-one NAT
1 DC - Exchange 2000 (static public IP)
1 DC SQL - DNS - DHCP (static public IP)
1 member TS - RAS (VPN) (static public IP)

IM problem
I have configured IM on the exchange2000 server.
IM seems run correctly between clients behind the firewall.
Remote IM clients (dial-up connection) can send files and
comunicate with clients behind the firewall, clients
behind the firewall can comunicate but cannot send
files,the lan client told that there is a block.
IM clients behind a Netopia router (NAT ENABLE) without
filter activated can send message but not receive.

VPN problem
dial-up clients can browse the lan behind the firewall and
clients behind the firewall  can browse shared resource on
the dial-up clients.
clients behind the Netopia router can browse the lan but
clients behind the firewall cannot browse  shared resource
on the clients behind netopia router.
I think there are some equipment the block the
comunication for the dial-up connection in IM.
But I know the Netopia router hasn't any filter configured
I have openend the port for all the necessary protocol and
I have configured IM server and clients to use fixed port

Note: I cannot resolve the public address of each server
from lan clients, the clients, remote and local, are w2k

I hope someone can help me

1. Exchange 2k IM over VPN

I need to be able to use Messenger over my VPN connection.  I use and XP Pro
client at home.  I VPN to my W2k server.  My network uses Exchange 2k
Messenger internally.  Once I connect to the network via VPN, how can I set
up my IM on the client to interact with the other IM users on the network?

2. MS Exchange client problems

3. IM with VPN client

4. moving to new serverf

5. IM and Remote users over VPN

6. Exchange administrator

7. IM on LAN/WAN/VPN

8. Create Additional Default Folder

9. IM and remote users over VPN

10. IM and Remote Users using VPN

11. IM and remote users over VPN

12. ??? Converting Windows 3.1 IM to Win95 IM, *.eml to Win95 IM