Bounced

Post by jess » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:53:36

has anybody seen this error
It is coming from a User with a laptop set up with outlook 2000 using
internet email because he travels
this happens when he comes to the office

    A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to
bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.
Contact your administrator.
    <#5.3.5>

Bounced

Post by stev » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:53:53

Please check the Microsoft Knowledge base for:
Article ID: Q272593

Quote:> has anybody seen this error
> It is coming from a User with a laptop set up with outlook 2000 using
> internet email because he travels
> this happens when he comes to the office

>     A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to
> bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.
> Contact your administrator.
>     <#5.3.5>

1. Checking for bounced mails

Hi,

I am looking for a script that would send e-mail to a particular smtp
address and look for bounced mails if the address is wrong. Basically I am
polling the remote SMTP Server on a regular basis to see if it responds.

Is there any script that I could use to get at this?

Thanks in advance
arul

2. UDP Push Notifications

3. bouncing emails

4. Rule to Forward Postings?

5. Message Bouncing

6. How to create a forward-only entry in address book?

7. problems with legal RFC822 addresses being bounced by IMC

8. How do I get rid of spam?

9. E-MAIL BOUNCED AT EXCHANGE SERVER 5.0 RC1

10. E-MAIL BOUNCED AT EXCHANGE SERVER

11. Mail is bouncing from Public Folders

12. Bounced

13. Incoming Emails are Bouncing Back