SMTP Restrictions

Post by Mark Fugat » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 14:08:49

Here is an article you might want to take a look at, it should help you out:
www.msexchange.org/pages/articles.asp?art=598

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Hi,
>     I dont know whether this is possible or not, but I
> would like to clarify.

> My requirement is this, I need to be able to receive
> mails to certain users but they should not be able to
> send mails? I know its possible the other way around! but
> is this possible as well?

> thanks in Advance
> regards
> Imran

1. SMTP restrictions in Exchange 2000

How can i configure SMTP virtual servers to only accept messages if users
authenticate AND uses a email address that is handled by Exchange.

Ex:

Exchange handle this emails domains: xpto.help.com  and  help.help.com .
When user configures the outlook express , and use the account that exist in
Active Directory with right password , but the email domain of email address
is socorro.com , the message is sent without any problems. But i need to
restrict the users to only use emails domains xpto.help.com  and
help.help.com  however they authenticate.

PS: Sorry for my not perfect english!!

2. Exchange event scripts

3. smtp restrictions

4. Proxy/Exchange/IIS can't proxy...to itself, it's exchange or it's own web server

5. SMTP Restriction

6. Unable to update free/busy schedule

7. Out of Office Assistant

8. SMTP Restrictions