wireless VPN, but slow

Post by Mark Gallaghe » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:30:16

 We have wireless, using sprint cards on our laptops,
dialing up to an ISP.

After establiching a VPN connection, performance for email
(on Exchange 2000) is extremely slow, other services
outside the VPN are fine.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Much thanks in advance!

1. Problem with VPN/Wireless Network

I remotely access my business' Exchange server via a VPN,
and use a Linksys Wireless Access Point Router. Things
worked fine for awhile, and then I installed Outlook 2000
SP3. At this point I am able to access the remote network
server, but cannot access the Exchange server. I am also
denied access to other points on my network, even though I
am able to sign onto the network (Windows NT).

There was also a problem with dial-up access. We solved
this by changing the DNS numbers. So the access problem
now appears to be limited to use of the Linksys router,
since I can use dial-up networking to access the Exchange
server.

I thought the problem might be caused by something in
Outlook SP3, but can't figure out what that might be.

The other possibility is with the Linksys wireless router,
but I'm not sure what could cause this kind of access
issue.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any ideas?

2. Can someome lend a hand

3. Help remote connection to Outlook via VPN (wireless)

4. Calendar and tasks linked to Contacts

5. exchange thru vpn slow

6. Time Zone and Exchange

7. OWA VPN Really SLOW!! Exchange 2000

8. Exchange on Proxy

9. slow sync over vpn

10. VPN Client slows down

11. slow exchange and outlook 2000 over vpn

12. OWA 2000 Slow over VPN

13. VPN Client slows down