pop3 service

Post by marc » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:09:39

does anyone know how to fix this issue.  When I try to
start the pop3 service in exchange I get the error
message "overlapped I/O operation is in progress".

pop3 service

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:59:15

Marc

Could you post the Event ID that appears in the Application Log of event
viewer.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> does anyone know how to fix this issue.  When I try to
> start the pop3 service in exchange I get the error
> message "overlapped I/O operation is in progress".

pop3 service

Post by Rohinton[MSFT » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:05:15

If this is a cluster setup check Q248408

rgds

newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> does anyone know how to fix this issue.  When I try to
> start the pop3 service in exchange I get the error
> message "overlapped I/O operation is in progress".

pop3 service

Post by Marc » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:43:07

This doesn't come up in the application log.  It comes up
when I am in exchange manager and then first
administrative group/protocols/pop3 connector.  The
message comes up when I try to start it from there.

Marc

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Marc

>Could you post the Event ID that appears in the

Application Log of event
>viewer.

>--
>Mark Fugatt
>Microsoft Exchange MVP
>www.exchangetrainer.com
>www.msexchange.org

>> does anyone know how to fix this issue.  When I try to
>> start the pop3 service in exchange I get the error
>> message "overlapped I/O operation is in progress".

>.

pop3 service

Post by Marc » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:43:42

No the is not in a cluster. It is a stand alone.

marc

confers no rights.
>Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This
alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only.

>> does anyone know how to fix this issue.  When I try to
>> start the pop3 service in exchange I get the error
>> message "overlapped I/O operation is in progress".

>.

pop3 service

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:11:06

There would be something reported in the Application Log

--
Mark Fugatt

> This doesn't come up in the application log.  It comes up
> when I am in exchange manager and then first
> administrative group/protocols/pop3 connector.  The
> message comes up when I try to start it from there.

> Marc

1. POP3 service will not login users after service account change

This morning we changed the service account on our
Exchange 5.5 server per Q152808 and everything is working
again (internet mail, exchange mail). The only problem we
have seen is that when certain users use programs like
Outlook Express using the POP3 service, the below error is
returned and the same error is in the event log on the
Exchange server. We aren't doing anything special on the
server, and it worked fine before the service account
change this morning.

Any ideas?

Thanks

"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your
Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.x.com',
Server: 'mail.x.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-
ERR  A required privilege is not held by the client.',
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

2. Exchange 5.5 Standard to Exchange 2000 Enterprise

3. Configuring POP3 service in Exchange 55 for HMTL service

4. outlook express

5. Restore deleted messages ???

6. remote administration

7. POP3 Service stops with ISA Server Running

8. BETA: Pop3 service

9. pop3 service shows started, but behaving as if it isn't

10. What is up with my pop3 service?

11. what is up with my pop3 service?