Exchange 2000 Slow Response

Post by Kevin Sisson » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 05:52:03

I have installed Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server.  I can send and
receive mail just fine.  My problem is, outlook responses very slow (1-2
minutes) when executing the application.  Please Help if you could.

Exchange 2000 Slow Response

Post by Boris Yanushpolsk » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:47:20

try using Spotlight on Exchange, it might show you a performance problem.
http://www.quest.com/spotlight_exchange/index.asp

Quote:> I have installed Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server.  I can send and
> receive mail just fine.  My problem is, outlook responses very slow (1-2
> minutes) when executing the application.  Please Help if you could.

1. Slow login response times for Exchange 2000

I have an asp application that logs onto Exchange to pull out
information from user's mailboxes. The application runs through CDO
and resides on a web server separate to that of the Exchange server
itself. Unlike Outlook, this is a stateless application; it logs on to
the mailbox in question, gets the information, and then logs off. If
more info is required, it has to log on again.

When we run this application in a mixed environment (EX 5.5 and E2K)
we see excellent response times if the mailboxes we test with reside
on Exchange 5.5. However, if we test with mailboxes on E2K with are
seeing a throughput that is but a tenth of what we see with Exchange
5.5.

We have also tested this in a pure E2K environment and seen the same
results. The only way to speed up the response time (and increase the
throughput) is to install AD with a GC on the exchange 2000 server
being tested against.

We have tried various versions of both MAPI and CDO and with different
service packs. The results are all the same.

I know that Exchange 2000 has to proxy logins to the GC for legacy
clients (which is in fact what we look like to E2K), but I don't know
why this is so slow for E2K without a GC. It is as if E2K will only
proxy over x number logins per minute and won't budge above this hard
limit. This becomes a real problem for me if I try to ramp up any kind
of load.

Does anyone know of any setting on E2K (or elsewhere) where I can
increase the number of logins between E2K and GC.... Thanks

2. DOWNLOAD POP3 EMAIL FROM EXCHANGE 2000

3. Retrieving information from microsoft exchange server keeps popping up in Outlook (Ms Exchange slow responses)

4. Pass Parameter to Contact List

5. Exchange Server Response Slow

6. Searching for messages from specific address

7. Slow Response from Exchange 5.0 when opening a meeting request

8. Error: Access is Denied when replying to message from OWA

9. Slow client response to Exchange 5.5

10. Clients start seeing slow response

11. Slow response from Public contact List

12. Very slow response to none at all

13. Slow Check names Response