HELP with moving domains in-house

Post by Mark Berkowic » Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:02:18

I'm a bit confused on the process here. We are currently
having our Internet email hosted by an outside vendor for
2 different domains. We want to bring these domains in-
house and host the Internet email on our own Exchange
server. Our multi-homed Windows 2000 server is our PDC and
it provides NAT for the network and VPN functions for
remote users. Pardon my ignorance but could someone
outline, in the David Letterman Top Ten List format, how
to host our own mail?

Some additional questions:

Does anything need to be done on our Win2000 server prior
to installing Exchange?

DNS is already installed on the server but references
a .com name that is different from both of our registered
domains. What changes need to be made in DNS, if any?

Do I need to tell my domain registrar to point our domains
to the DNS on our Win2000 server? If so, since we only
have one server, can the primary and secondary DNS point
to the IP of our server?

Any help would be appreciated. Also a recommendation for a
book on the crash course of Exchange Installation would be
great.

Thanks

-mark

1. HELP with moving domains in-house

[...]

2. NDR issue

3. HELP moving domains in-house

4. Free/Busy Issues

5. Move mail inhouse

6. Inbound Mail (from outside world)

7. Moving mail INHOUSE

8. Where is FAQ for Exchange Server

9. Moving mailboxes email accounts from ISP to Inhouse

10. Moving from ISP hosted to in house

11. I'm a Dummy need help to set up email for inhouse mail

12. Need urgent help - Moving Exchange to different domain