SMTP Connector

Post by Raja » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 06:27:30

How do you setup E2K that is running on W2K to send and recieve internal and
external email?  Do I need to install two nic cards and create another
virtual server?

And my last question how do I specify my inbound domain in E2K?  Currently I
am able to send out fine and not recieve, it could be dns issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SMTP Connector

Post by Mike » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 06:57:59

Yes, check you DNS setting, either from your server or your ISP

> How do you setup E2K that is running on W2K to send and recieve internal and
> external email?  Do I need to install two nic cards and create another
> virtual server?

> And my last question how do I specify my inbound domain in E2K?  Currently I
> am able to send out fine and not recieve, it could be dns issue.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SMTP Connector

Post by Stef Van Hemele » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:24:25

Raja,
I am having the same prob, switching to E2K, internal mail goes well, but
external mail is allwas undeliverable.  It all used to work on NT4, E5.5,
outbound mail was handeled by IMC, for inbound I just used outlook with some
rules.
What I wanted to ask is, if you could pls give me some tips on installing
SMTP, so we can send external mail.
If it is not asked to much, could you send CC: to my home address?
ps : i don't have a fixed IP address.

Hope to hear from you.
Tnx
stef

Quote:> How do you setup E2K that is running on W2K to send and recieve internal
and
> external email?  Do I need to install two nic cards and create another
> virtual server?

> And my last question how do I specify my inbound domain in E2K?  Currently
> am able to send out fine and not recieve, it could be dns issue.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SMTP Connector

Post by Brian V » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:36:32

Unless you changed something on the install, EX2K should route mail right
out of the box with the default setup.  Unless you have something blocking
the ports on the server.

> Raja,
> I am having the same prob, switching to E2K, internal mail goes well, but
> external mail is allwas undeliverable.  It all used to work on NT4, E5.5,
> outbound mail was handeled by IMC, for inbound I just used outlook with
some
> rules.
> What I wanted to ask is, if you could pls give me some tips on installing
> SMTP, so we can send external mail.
> If it is not asked to much, could you send CC: to my home address?
> ps : i don't have a fixed IP address.

> Hope to hear from you.
> Tnx
> stef

> > How do you setup E2K that is running on W2K to send and recieve internal
> and
> > external email?  Do I need to install two nic cards and create another
> > virtual server?

> > And my last question how do I specify my inbound domain in E2K?
Currently
> > am able to send out fine and not recieve, it could be dns issue.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

I have a Backend FrontEnd Exchange environment and the FrontEnd Server is
going to be used as a bridgehead server for SMTP.

To use the FrontEnd as a SMTP bridgehead server I configured a SMTP
Connector that uses the FrontEnd SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server.
Since I'm also running Trend Micro Virus Wall on the SMTP Frontend Server I
changed the SMTP port used by SMTP Virtual Server to 6000 ( I only have one
Network adapter ). So, the final configuration that I have is:

- Exchange 2000 SMTP Virtual Server working on port 6000
- TrendMicro Virus Wall working on port 25

With this configuration when I send an email to the internet the SMTP
Connector always sends ther mail to the port 25 instead of using the
Frontend SMTP Virtual Server port 6000. Is this the normal behavor or a bug?

Is this is the normal behavor why should we configure the SMTP Connector to
use a specific SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Alexandre Costa

2. Loadsim???

3. error to access public folders in exchange system manager

4. Routing groups connector and SMTP connector

5. PASSWORDS....PLEASE HELP

6. SMTP Connector and Routing Group Connector

7. address views

8. Moving mail from an X.400 connector to an SMTP connector

9. Routing Group Connector vs. SMTP Connector

10. SMTP Connector against Routing Group Connector

11. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server Port 6000

12. Internet Mail Setup -- SMTP Virtual Servers / SMTP Connector