smtp connector schedule not working

Post by Paul » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:21:15

Hi

I am in the process of temporarily changing from a
permanent leased internet conenction to a dialup.  I have
created a smtp connector with the address space of * and
set a custom schedule.  The trouble is the message just sit
in the queue and never get sent unless I manually force the
connection.  If i set the schedule to always run they go fine.

Does anybody have any suggestions please???

smtp connector schedule not working

Post by Marina Roo » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:00:31

Have you stopped and restarted the SMTP-service?
BTW, there are 2 tabs where you have to set it up on the SMTP-connector.

Marina

Quote:> Hi

> I am in the process of temporarily changing from a
> permanent leased internet conenction to a dialup.  I have
> created a smtp connector with the address space of * and
> set a custom schedule.  The trouble is the message just sit
> in the queue and never get sent unless I manually force the
> connection.  If i set the schedule to always run they go fine.

> Does anybody have any suggestions please???

smtp connector schedule not working

Post by Paul » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:17:16

I have restarted the smtp service in exchange.
In the connector I've setup everything I can see, what are
the 2 tabs you mention?

Post by Marina Roo » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:21:24

Haven't got it in front of me but there are 2 tabs on the SMTP-connector
where you can set the schedule, I think one tab is called Connection, the
other Advanced, but have a look yourself.

Marina

> I have restarted the smtp service in exchange.
> In the connector I've setup everything I can see, what are
> the 2 tabs you mention?

1. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

I have a Backend FrontEnd Exchange environment and the FrontEnd Server is
going to be used as a bridgehead server for SMTP.

To use the FrontEnd as a SMTP bridgehead server I configured a SMTP
Connector that uses the FrontEnd SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server.
Since I'm also running Trend Micro Virus Wall on the SMTP Frontend Server I
changed the SMTP port used by SMTP Virtual Server to 6000 ( I only have one
Network adapter ). So, the final configuration that I have is:

- Exchange 2000 SMTP Virtual Server working on port 6000
- TrendMicro Virus Wall working on port 25

With this configuration when I send an email to the internet the SMTP
Connector always sends ther mail to the port 25 instead of using the
Frontend SMTP Virtual Server port 6000. Is this the normal behavor or a bug?

Is this is the normal behavor why should we configure the SMTP Connector to
use a specific SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Alexandre Costa

2. SSL patch hangs

3. Undeliverables folder

4. Scheduled SMTP email retrieval not working

5. Email Forwarding.

6. Exchange 2000 SMTP (iPlanet) connector, smart host not working

7. Exchange 4.0 & MS Access 95

8. SMTP Connector delivery restriction does not work

9. Exchange 2000 SMTP (iPlanet) connector, smart host not working

10. X.400 connector schedule doesn't work correctly

11. After upgrading exchange 5.0 to 55, smtp mail not working for some smtp addresses

12. Exchange not passing SMTP address - reply to sender does not work