some internet recipients recieving multiple copies of emails

some internet recipients recieving multiple copies of emails

Post by Jon Schlatte » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:55:31

We have an odd problem, our Exchange server seems to sporadically send
multiple copies of the same email. It does not happen 100% of the time and
does not even happen consistently when sending to the same domain. I can
send an email to an associate and they will get one copy I then send another
and they will get two. Does anyone have any clues as to what may be causing
this? What can I do to troubleshoot?

Cheers
Jon

1. Broadcast email: Recipient recieve multiple copies

Does anyone know of any circumstances in which broadcast email
recipients would receive multiple copies of a message?  We have an
exchange account we use to send notices to our alumni, and they have
each been getting the messages four or five times.  This is obviously
bad.

Server:  Exchange 5.5 SP2
Client: Outlook 97

There are no rules set up for the account, and the sender is using an
Access database of email addresses to populate the BCC field to address
the message. Also, internal recipients of the same message will receive
only one copy.  Is this a misconfigured or corrupted IMC?

Any ideas?

Jim

2. Outlook 98 Out of Memory Error

3. single email to multiple recipients = multiple emails to same recipient

4. Configure Exchange for faxmaker for Intranet

5. Multiple copies of messages to Internet recipients from DL

6. Sending NDR's based on mail domain

7. external recipient gets multiple copies of email sent to DL

8. IMS question

9. Email recipients get multiple copies

10. Recipient receives multiple copies of email

11. single email x multiple recipients = multiple emails

12. Help! Messages not recieved if recipient copied

13. Multiple-recipient Internet email via Exchange