Public Mailbox?

Post by Stexl » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:01:23

Can I make a mailbox in public folders & have the Pop3 connector deliver
mail to that public mailbox? My boss, in an effort to drive me nuts, signed
up for eFax. He wants all faxes rec'd to be delivered to this new public
mailbox so we can see them through OWA. So the pop connector would grab a

possible?

TIA
Steve

Public Mailbox?

Post by Anibal Rei » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:08:51

Hi Stexly,

With all this questions from your boss, I suppose his very IT!
Why don't he assume the Exchange administration?
Just a joke.

Anibal Reis

> Can I make a mailbox in public folders & have the Pop3 connector deliver
> mail to that public mailbox? My boss, in an effort to drive me nuts,
signed
> up for eFax. He wants all faxes rec'd to be delivered to this new public
> mailbox so we can see them through OWA. So the pop connector would grab a

> possible?

> TIA
> Steve

Public Mailbox?

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 13:18:49

The POP connector doesn't really enter into it. You can mail-enable a public
folder (make sure you set the permissions right - anonymous needs at least
contributor). This would be the same process you'd use if you created a new
mailbox.

> Can I make a mailbox in public folders & have the Pop3 connector
> deliver mail to that public mailbox? My boss, in an effort to drive
> me nuts, signed up for eFax. He wants all faxes rec'd to be delivered
> to this new public mailbox so we can see them through OWA. So the pop

> eFax public folder. Is this possible?

> TIA
> Steve

Public Mailbox?

Post by Stexl » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:04:54

Unfortunately, that's one area he's willing to delegate...scl :)

> Hi Stexly,

> With all this questions from your boss, I suppose his very IT!
> Why don't he assume the Exchange administration?
> Just a joke.

> Anibal Reis

> > Can I make a mailbox in public folders & have the Pop3 connector deliver
> > mail to that public mailbox? My boss, in an effort to drive me nuts,
> signed
> > up for eFax. He wants all faxes rec'd to be delivered to this new public
> > mailbox so we can see them through OWA. So the pop connector would grab

> > possible?

> > TIA
> > Steve

1. Public Mailboxes and reply adresses on Exchange 5.5

Hi.

Is it possible to setup a Public Mailbox on Exchange Server 5.5 Enterprise
Ed. to do the following:

1. When answering to e-mails, the reply-address is the address of the Public
Mailbox and not the address of the person who answered the e-mail ?

2. Sent messages are stored in the "Sent items" folder of the Public
mailbox, and not in the "Sent items" folder of the person who answered the
e-mail ?

If not, are there any 3rd party add-ons that will allow this ?

--
Best regards,

Thomas Jensen

2. static IP routing issue - not pingable for nslookup

3. Public Mailbox

4. sending mails to internet

5. copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

6. Public Folder recovery

7. Synchronising Mailbox Contacts with a Public Folder

8. How to disable OWA password challenge during intranet access

9. Event script works in personal mailbox and not in public folder

10. Contacts, Public Folders and mailboxes

11. Creation of multiple mailboxes and public folders.

12. copy items from private mailbox to public folder

13. Sycronization between a Public folder and Mailbox