Can not receive letters from internet

Post by Emma » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 23:29:10

Mr.Fugatt:
   Thank you very much for taking so much trouble helping
me. I read that paper and got an much better
understanding. Now it is very strang that indeed I can
get
letters from internet, but only from some certain
websits,
for example, I can receive letters from Mail.etang.com
(61.152.250.211), but I cannot get letters from
mail.263.net
(211.157.130.135). Can you give some explain?

.

Can not receive letters from internet

Post by Lanwenc » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 00:20:11

You need to provide more details - what is the exact text of the NDR
(non-delivery report) received by the sender?

Quote:> Mr.Fugatt:
>    Thank you very much for taking so much trouble helping
> me. I read that paper and got an much better
> understanding. Now it is very strang that indeed I can
> get
> letters from internet, but only from some certain
> websits,
> for example, I can receive letters from Mail.etang.com
> (61.152.250.211), but I cannot get letters from
> mail.263.net
> (211.157.130.135). Can you give some explain?

> .

Can not receive letters from internet

Post by Emma » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 10:39:10

This is the exact error report(English part):
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection.
(#4.4.1)
The error massege was given in Chinese, the following is
the translation(Whole massage):
sina.com.
Mail can not be delivered to appointed address.
The Undelivery is due to avoidless external mistake during
the mail transmit process.
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection.
(#4.4.1). The mail stayed in the send queue for too long a
time and has been deleted.

Post by Emma » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:20:05

Hi, Lanwench,I viewed the SMTP record and become really
e*d. Now I know from those records I can see clearly
how the DNS server helps my SMTP MX to find a valid MX for
the destination, how they get connected(even with polite
Hello!),how they transfer data, and then say bye to each
other. Each step can be watched clearly. So I think if I
give my E-mail address to you,maybe you can send a mail to
me and watch the whole process to see when and where the
problem appear, if you can watch your SMTP progress,of
course:-)

Thank you!

1. Cannot receive letters from internet

We have set up Exchange 2000 Server as our company's SMTP
MX. I have a static IP address, and have registered the
company's domain name at at an America componey. Our
company is located in a univercity, and our connection to
the internet is though a web gate at the school's network
center. I can send letters to either inside the school or
outside the school, and can receive letters from inside
the school with no problem, but I can not receive letters
from MXs outside the school. masseges feedback says that
they can not establish a SMTP connection with our Exchange
Server.
Can anyone help me ?

2. MS-Mail & Exchange

3. Can change the Organization name in registry from small letter to capital letter

4. address list

5. Number of letters sent/received on a certain Exchange Server

6. Top Items to Configure Alerts for

7. Internet Mail dead-letters

8. How to store different items in public folders?

9. MSE2K Not Receiving Internet Mail

10. Exchange is not receiving any internet mail

11. Not Receiving e-mails from Internet PLEASE HELP

12. E2k - sending Internet email, not receiving!!!

13. my exchange 2000 server can not receive any external from the internet