PLEASE HELP - Problem with SMTP Connector through Smart Host

PLEASE HELP - Problem with SMTP Connector through Smart Host

Post by TheFatBo » Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:09:40

Please can anyone help with the following situation:

We are having trouble sending email from Outlook 2000 clients to external
internet domains.  Email sent from the clients to the internet should go as
follows:

Outlook 2000 Clients (192.168.0.xx)
to:
Exchange 2000 on SBS (192.168.0.1)
to:
Proxy Server running an SMTP server (192.168.0.2) connected by modem to the
internet.

The server is set up with a SmallBusiness SMTP Connector using 192.168.0.2
as the Smart Host entry.

However, when we send email from the clients to an external internet
address, it simply sits on the 'SMTP Connector' queue for a few minutes and
then goes into 'Messages with an unreachable destination' queue.

This only happens when we send email from the Outlook 2000 clients.  If we
use the web-based version of outlook (http://[server]/exchange) to send
external email it works fine.  The Access permissions on the Exchange
Default SMTP Server are set to allow connection by all machines in the
192.168.0 range, and to allow relaying.

Can anyone help as this is causing serious problems!!!

TIA

1. PLEASE HELP - Problem with SMTP Connector through Smart Host

[...]

2. block attachment

3. antirelay

4. Mail Forwarding problem with Smart Hosts in Exchange 2000...Please HELP

5. 2 domain - 1 server

6. SMTP Connector: Smart Host!

7. Rights on public folders

8. Exchange 2000 SMTP (iPlanet) connector, smart host not working

9. SMTP Connector: Smart host.

10. SMTP connector and Smart host

11. Exchange 2000 SMTP (iPlanet) connector, smart host not working

12. smtp smart hosts vs native smtp