Cannot send or receive internet email

Post by Dave » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 06:22:47

I need help! I have installed Exchange 2000 (SP1) on a Windows 2000 SP2
Server. My main problem is that I cannot send or receive any internet email.
DNS entries (MX record) to my server external NIC IP is set up properly. I
am a newbie to Exchange 2000 and cannot seem to get this problem solved. One
thing I have noticed, when I install Exchange Service Pack 1, it uninstalls
SMTP in IIS. When I try to restart the Exchange services they do not start.
In troubleshooting, I tried reinstalling Exchange and the first thing it
said was that SMTP was not installed in IIS. I reinstall SMTP (Control Panel
Quote:> Add Remove programs) and then Exchange starts up fine (without rerunning

the exchange setup). However, I'm still back at square one not being able to
send email out of our LAN or receive email from the outside. Can someone
please give me some straight forward instructions on how to set up internet
email in Exchange 2000????!!!

Thanks for any help!

Dave

Cannot send or receive internet email

Post by Dave » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:17:45

And now,  users can't even send internal email. EVERYTHING sits in the
outbox!!!! H.E.L.P!!!!

> I need help! I have installed Exchange 2000 (SP1) on a Windows 2000 SP2
> Server. My main problem is that I cannot send or receive any internet
email.
> DNS entries (MX record) to my server external NIC IP is set up properly. I
> am a newbie to Exchange 2000 and cannot seem to get this problem solved.
One
> thing I have noticed, when I install Exchange Service Pack 1, it
uninstalls
> SMTP in IIS. When I try to restart the Exchange services they do not
start.
> In troubleshooting, I tried reinstalling Exchange and the first thing it
> said was that SMTP was not installed in IIS. I reinstall SMTP (Control
Panel
> > Add Remove programs) and then Exchange starts up fine (without rerunning
> the exchange setup). However, I'm still back at square one not being able
> send email out of our LAN or receive email from the outside. Can someone
> please give me some straight forward instructions on how to set up
internet
> email in Exchange 2000????!!!

> Thanks for any help!

> Dave

1. Cannot send or receive internet email

[...]

2. Reading Outlook form custom properties with ExOLEDB

3. cannot see internet email option in send and receive

4. Specific error 4294967041

5. REPOST: Cannot send outbound internet email, able to receive

6. Footers - Disclaimers

7. Cannot send outbound internet email, able to receive

8. Public calendar vs OWA

9. Cannot Send / Receive External & Receive Internal Email

10. Can send Internet E-mail through IMC, but cannot receive Internet E-mail

11. cannot send email, receive email ok

12. Can send Internet email, but can't receive incoming Inernet emails

13. Cannot send email with attachments to Internet email addresses