Read Timeouts while sending mail to Exchange

Read Timeouts while sending mail to Exchange

Post by Pat Donnell » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:52:24

The admin of a mail server is receiving the following message when
sending mail to a Exchange 2000 server. The Admin says that he is not
having problems when sending mail to other servers.

I know of no other problems with incomming mail on our end.

What logs would I look in to get more information?

Is I more likley to be a Server or Communications problem?

Any information is appricated.

--
TIA

Pat Donnelly

Error Message ==========================================================

This is the Postfix program at host gatekeeper2.foo.com.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

delete your own text from the message returned below.

                        The Postfix program

    mail.bar.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.]: read timeout

Read Timeouts while sending mail to Exchange

Post by Lanwenc » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:32:53

If you aren't having problems receiving mail from other senders, the problem
is on his end.

> The admin of a mail server is receiving the following message when
> sending mail to a Exchange 2000 server. The Admin says that he is not
> having problems when sending mail to other servers.

> I know of no other problems with incomming mail on our end.

> What logs would I look in to get more information?

> Is I more likley to be a Server or Communications problem?

> Any information is appricated.

> --
> TIA

> Pat Donnelly

> Error Message ==========================================================

> This is the Postfix program at host gatekeeper2.foo.com.

> I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
> below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

> For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

> delete your own text from the message returned below.

> The Postfix program

>     mail.bar.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.]: read timeout

1. timeout reading mail from some domains

I have a client who fails to get mail from a few senders from different
domains. The message gets bounced with an indication of "too many hops" but
there is a connection and the client has DSL. The traceroute shows on the
order of 15 hops from one selected sender.

In the NT event log, Exchange is leaving the message "A timeout occurred
while readin mail from <domain> and while reading the message body"

I can't find any reference to this error message anywhere. Can anyone shed
some light on this?
--

Jerry O'Brien
Network Administrator

2. Exchange crashes when sending attachments

3. Problem: Queue timeout when sending outbound Internet mail

4. mail problem

5. Queue timeout when sending outbound Internet mail

6. Upgrading to Exch2000 Trouble

7. Rule to send mail to folder after mail is read

8. Moving mailboxes

9. C# Windows service read and send mail using Exchange Mailbox

10. Can't read or send mail in exchange

11. can't read msg sent to me from cc:mail after loading IE 6 Preview

12. can't read or send mail

13. Read confirmation of sent E-Mails