Weirdest I've yet to see

Post by ms » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

After 57.5 tries, I finally got exch200 to install with no errors or
crashes. Joined it with my existing 5.5 site with the intention of slowly
moving mailboxes. Set up a 2 way connection agreement, all user names got
replicated into my ad users container. Here's the weird stuff. When I try to
send an email to a user in the 5.5 site, i get this error message.

    Subject: test
    Sent: 11/29/2000 9:00 PM

  postmaster on 11/29/2000 9:00 PM
  A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact your
administrator.
  <win2k.nexussoft.com #5.4.6>

Now when I send a message to a  new user that I created in the win2k site it
goes thru fine.

Here's the second head scratcher. I send a message to a hotmail account.
Here is what the "from" line reads!
 jamie
<IMCEAEX-_O=NEXUS+20SOFTWARE+2C+20INC_OU=NEXUSSOFTMAIL_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=JAMI

a little too much information there. of course you can't reply to that
address. what the heck is that about?

Weirdest I've yet to see

Post by Exchang » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

You might look at this link...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q272/5/93.asp

Quote:> After 57.5 tries, I finally got exch200 to install with no errors or
> crashes. Joined it with my existing 5.5 site with the intention of slowly
> moving mailboxes. Set up a 2 way connection agreement, all user names got
> replicated into my ad users container. Here's the weird stuff. When I try
> send an email to a user in the 5.5 site, i get this error message.

1. Weirdest I've yet to see

    Sent: 11/29/2000 9:00 PM

  postmaster on 11/29/2000 9:00 PM
  A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact your
administrator.
  <win2k.nexussoft.com #5.4.6>

Now when I send a message to a  new user that I created in the win2k site it
goes thru fine.

Here's the second head scratcher. I send a message to a hotmail account.
Here is what the "from" line reads!
 jamie
<IMCEAEX-_O=NEXUS+20SOFTWARE+2C+20INC_OU=NEXUSSOFTMAIL_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=JAMI

a little too much information there. of course you can't reply to that
address. what the heck is that about?

2. Need a guru

3. To know what is going out from our company

4. Receiving e-mail problem

5. Migration problems with 5.5 and 2K

6. SPAM Trick I've Not Seen Before

7. Exchange Administrator- I've seen the light!

8. OWA and SSL, help me please, I've fallen and can't get up

9. mta won't start, I've tried a few things:

10. Help, I've really Boo Boo'd