Enabling TCP/IP port 135

Post by Mudi » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:05:32

Hi,

I wish to enable port 135 on my exchange server to enable a remote client to
connect to it. Can anybody let me know how this is done.

Thanks,
Mudit

Enabling TCP/IP port 135

Post by James Trie » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:54:18

Well I beleive if you are running in a mixed mode environment that you
should be able to communicate with Exchange Server via RPC (port 135). You
can open a command prompt and verify if your exchange server is listening on
that port by typing netstat -a. This will show you a list of ports the
server is listening on, it will also show you any open connections for the
server as well. Search for port 135 and look for listening in the last
column.

After more thought, Even in a native mode environment you should still be
able to communicate with the Exchange Server via RPC.

Quote:> Hi,

> I wish to enable port 135 on my exchange server to enable a remote client
> connect to it. Can anybody let me know how this is done.

> Thanks,
> Mudit

Enabling TCP/IP port 135

Post by James Trie » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:14:31

One more added thing, you can find a utility on the E2K CD called RPC ping
to test the RPC connections between machines.