Sending from Outlook Express fails

Post by John E. Crous » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:33:47

When I send a piece of mail destined for outside the comapny using Outlook
Express it fails. Outlook works fine. If I go into Exchange 2000 and add an
address apace of *.com, I can then send mail to anyone with a .com mail
address. The standard address space is just a ".", without the quotes of
course. Shouldn't that take care of things? What is going on here?

1. Outlook works on LAN, Outlook Express fails to send on NET

Using Exchange 5.5:

Outlook 2000 is working on the LAN to send/receive Intra-company and
internet email.  Using Outlook 2000, I can send/receive mail via Exchange

Outlook Express connected via the NET allows send/receive of Intra-company
email.  Internet-sent email also arrives fine.  BUT, I can't send email from
Outlook Express to other internet addresses.  This is the 'return' message

Your message