Ex2K/OWA on one box - Win2k/IIS on another

Ex2K/OWA on one box - Win2k/IIS on another

Post by Martin Atenci » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 11:01:25

I Have  Exchange2K with OWA on one box behind a firewall.

And I have an Win2K with IIS on a box outside the firewall (DMZ).

Assuming I open the standard OWA ports on the firewall, Is there a way to
have the IIS server publish OWA to people on the internet?

Martin

Ex2K/OWA on one box - Win2k/IIS on another

Post by Mark Fugat » Sun, 02 Jun 2002 13:12:40

Martin

You would need to install Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition on the W2K/IIS
box and make it a front-end server, you cannot run OWA2000 without Exchange,
unlike Exchange 5.5

Here is a link about front-end/back-end servers that might help:

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/deployment/2000/E2KFrontBa...

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> I Have  Exchange2K with OWA on one box behind a firewall.

> And I have an Win2K with IIS on a box outside the firewall (DMZ).

> Assuming I open the standard OWA ports on the firewall, Is there a way to
> have the IIS server publish OWA to people on the internet?

> Martin

1. OWA IIS on Exchange box but web server is on other box

Hello,
I've got OWA setup on an exchange server (EXC1), running IIS and i also have an IIS server hosting sites on the internet (WEB1) also running on
the local network.

. The problem I have is that I want to create an internet site that has access to OWA on EXC1,  from the internet.  How can I do this?  I need OWA to be on EXC1 because I need NTLM.  Do I need to move the virtual directory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks,
        Haig

2. AddAttachment Method in Message Class

3. Reroute multiple domain names into one box on EX2K

4. Problem with Directory Replication in Mixed Mode

5. OWA on Win2k PRO IIS 5?

6. MS Exchange & Different Language

7. Moving from NT4 Exchange 5.5 box to new Win2k Exchange2k box

8. WSH for Exchange

9. OWA 5.5 install of Win2k Server IIS 5

10. OWA 5.5 on Win2K/IIS 5.0

11. OWA 5.5 SP3 on Win2k Box Problem

12. Exchange 5.5 OWA quit working on a Win2k Box

13. OWA forwarded to another IIS box?