E2K handling multi-email domains

Post by Ed Sanbor » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 00:43:01

Hi folks,

  I have an existing mail domain "snowshore.com".
Email bound for this domain presently goes to an
external to firewall mail server "mail.snowshore.com"
(Solaris 8/sendmail). Employees get their email via POP
and IMAP through the firewall.

  I am planning to deploy an E2K server internal to the

pass through the "mail.snowshore.com" external mail
server and get forwarded to the internal E2K
server (zoe.office.snowshore.com) on the internal LAN.

My present situation is that I have the forwarding working

keeper is our firewall.  Keeper receives the traffic on
port 25 and immediately rdr's it to the E2K server (zoe).
BUT, Zoe has no idea about the keeper.snowshore.com
email domain.  How do I make the E2K server knwo that
it can answer for other domains other than snowshore.com?

test account so I know that piece is in place.
I think my problem is on the E2K server.

Thanks,

       Ed

E2K handling multi-email domains

Post by Mark Fugat » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 01:30:10

Have you modified your Recipient Policy to include keeper.snowshore.com and
told the policy that Exchange is responsible for handling mail delivered to
this address.

Here is an article that explains how to host multiple domains on Exchange
2000 and it includes some information about the Recipient Policy:
http://www.msexchange.org/pages/articles.asp?art=593

Hope this helps

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

> Hi folks,

>   I have an existing mail domain "snowshore.com".
> Email bound for this domain presently goes to an
> external to firewall mail server "mail.snowshore.com"
> (Solaris 8/sendmail). Employees get their email via POP
> and IMAP through the firewall.

>   I am planning to deploy an E2K server internal to the

> pass through the "mail.snowshore.com" external mail
> server and get forwarded to the internal E2K
> server (zoe.office.snowshore.com) on the internal LAN.

> My present situation is that I have the forwarding working

> keeper is our firewall.  Keeper receives the traffic on
> port 25 and immediately rdr's it to the E2K server (zoe).
> BUT, Zoe has no idea about the keeper.snowshore.com
> email domain.  How do I make the E2K server knwo that
> it can answer for other domains other than snowshore.com?

> test account so I know that piece is in place.
> I think my problem is on the E2K server.

> Thanks,

>        Ed

E2K handling multi-email domains

Post by Ed Sanbor » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 02:59:21

Thanks Mark.  I made the modification you suggested in
the Recipient Policy.  It certainly looks like the right
place.

Now I am getting the following error from my external
mail server when I try to send email to my test
account (flyingfox=ext mail server, keeper=firewall):

Sep  3 13:55:56 flyingfox.snowshore.com sendmail[4089]:
[ID 801593 mail.info] NOQU
EUE: keeper.snowshore.com [216.57.133.4] did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during
connection to MTA

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

       Ed

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Have you modified your Recipient Policy to include

keeper.snowshore.com and
>told the policy that Exchange is responsible for handling
mail delivered to
>this address.

>Here is an article that explains how to host multiple
domains on Exchange
>2000 and it includes some information about the Recipient
Policy:
>http://www.msexchange.org/pages/articles.asp?art=593

>Hope this helps

>--
>Mark Fugatt
>Pentech Office Solutions Inc
>www.exchangetrainer.com and www.4mcts.com
>Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on
Microsoft Exchange

>--- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via
Email ---

>> Hi folks,

>>   I have an existing mail domain "snowshore.com".
>> Email bound for this domain presently goes to an
>> external to firewall mail server "mail.snowshore.com"
>> (Solaris 8/sendmail). Employees get their email via POP
>> and IMAP through the firewall.

>>   I am planning to deploy an E2K server internal to the

>> pass through the "mail.snowshore.com" external mail
>> server and get forwarded to the internal E2K
>> server (zoe.office.snowshore.com) on the internal LAN.

>> My present situation is that I have the forwarding
working

get's

>> keeper is our firewall.  Keeper receives the traffic on
>> port 25 and immediately rdr's it to the E2K server
(zoe).
>> BUT, Zoe has no idea about the keeper.snowshore.com
>> email domain.  How do I make the E2K server knwo that
>> it can answer for other domains other than
snowshore.com?

>> test account so I know that piece is in place.
>> I think my problem is on the E2K server.

>> Thanks,

>>        Ed

>.

E2K handling multi-email domains

Post by Ed Sanbor » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 04:47:42

Hi Mark,

I get the following when I telnet to my Exchange
server through my rdr'd port 25 on my
firewall.  Any idea what I can check to see why
my email address is not being verified?  Are there
any logs for Exchange 2000?

-Ed

1. E2K ,E5.5 Multi Site Multi Org connection

I am having probs installing my new E2K server into an
existing 5.5 org, I run the /forestprep, and select join
existing Org, put in the server name, etc. Then installed
the ADC, and create CA's to bring in the recipients into
AD this all works fine. Then I run the /domainprep, and
finally install E2K on the dedicated server. I don't get
an SRS, or a Config_CA, and the ADNAutoDRC Directory
Replicator connector was not present in the 5.5 Site - I
thought all these things should be automatically
installed. Anyway the problem is that I cannot see the 5.5
servers in the E2K server, and likewise, I cannot see the
E2K server from the 5.5 servers. Any help would be greatly
received !!

2. How to move Ex 5.5 on NT4 to New Server Win2K, keeping EX5.5

3. E2K on Multi Domains

4. Installing two exchange system in one AD

5. E2K on multi domains

6. Export Routed Domains?

7. Multi site, multi domain, 5.5 and 2000 question

8. HELP!!!! Event 14010 During CCMail Dirsync

9. OWA & multi-site multi-domain

10. Multi site, multi domain, 5.5 and 2000 question

11. OWA in a multi site/multi domain

12. Multi-domain / multi-upgrade advice?

13. Can Exchange handle multiple email domain names?