what would you do if.....

Post by ms » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

If you had only two machines on which to install win2k server, one in US and
one in UK. Would you make US office the root domain, and install child in UK
and make both in same site, or make 2 separate sites? I would like a common
AD for the enterprise, but don't like the fact that if my global catalogue
machine is down, uk can't log on. Should I have 2 different domains? more
machines is not an option. (read the dilbert cartoon referring to the
budgeting process)

what would you do if.....

And how this is related to Exchange Server?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

1. Can this be done in Exchange?

Hi,

A friend of mine recommended that I look into GroupWare applications
for our problem. I have to admit that I don't really know much about this
topic and I'm also not familiar with Exchange. Maybe someone could
tell me if GroupWare/ Exchange can help solve our problem.

Our company is a small start-up, using PCs which are connected via a
hub. There is no dedicated server. We have internet access via a dial-
up account.

Right now we have a huge Excel spreadsheet that contains large amounts
of research data. Information is added to this spreadsheet by several
individuals at our company and at a second company that we work with.
The spreadsheet is being e-mailed back and forth between the two companies.

It is difficult to figure out who has the latest version and sometimes
we end up with different copies with different information in it.

What I would like to have is one version of the spreadsheet on a computer
that can be accessed by everybody involved. Also, several people should be
able to make modifications at the same time.

Is Exchange suitable for this kind of a problem and how would it work?

Hergen

Hergen Eilers, Ph.D.
VP Research
Quantum Vision, Inc.
188 S. Whisman Rd.
Mountain View, CA 94041
650-404-8141               650-404-8150 (fax)

2. License

3. Using more than one ISP Can this be done

4. sp4 installation

5. Can this be done using scripts/routing?

6. owa problem (ex 5.5 sp4 / iis 5.0)

7. Anyone done this with CDO and Java?

8. moving an object from one container to another

9. CDO- Container Renderer not doing descending sort

10. Doing SQL queries on .edb files

11. Dynamic CDO profiles: What am I doing wrong?

12. Can this be done in outlook/exchange?

13. Anyway of doing a list serve on exchange?