Win 2K Virtual SMTP Server Connectivity

Post by jaundi » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:07:46

Greetings:
   I am TS-ing into a Win2k server for a * project.  I have
followed the step-by-step how-to on setting up MS Virtual SMTP server
(http://www.veryComputer.com/%3Ben-us%3B308161).
I have contacted the ISP hosting the dedicated box, and via the ISP's
"control panel" functionality, I have ensured that
smtp.DOMAIN_NAME.com & mail.DOMAIN_NAME.com are indeed pointing to one
& the same IP as www.DOMAIN_NAME.com.
   I am attempting to use a 3rd party ASPMail component to fire off
"Forgot your Password?" & "Thanks for signing up or whatever on the
site" types of auto-responder emails.
  When I stop/restart the SMTP service, the first email fires off
successfully.  Subsequent emails however, fail - the ASPMail component
(via the debugging messages I am outputting to the screen) informs me
after the first initial send that "Unable to connect SMTP server
smtp.DOMAIN_NAME.com on port 25".
   Out of desperation, I installed PHP on the server... I can run a
test mailer page consecutively without any of the same issues...
   Any Suggestions/tips/links to valuable resources?
TIA,
Brian

1. Help needed - win 2000 iis virtual SMTP server routing to exchang 5.5

We use the SMTP service provided with iis to create mail messages which are
then routed to an exchange server. If we use a the NT iis virtual server and
an NT exchange 5.5 everything routes ok, if we use a 2000 iis virtulka
server and an echange2000 server it also routes ok, but when we try to route
to an exchange 2000 server from an NT iis virtual server the messages are
never delivered. i have looked on teh MSDN and the Microsoft site but can
find no helk there. I am assuming that it can be done, I just cant find out
how!!

Any help will let me keep my hair for a few more years.

Thanks in advance

Greg

2. Exchange Notes Connector problem

3. SMTP Virtual Server won't start

4. Trust error w/ SRVMGR

5. SMTP Virtual Server Won't Start after Upgrade to E2K

6. Publish forms for OWA

7. Help needed - win 2000 iis virtual SMTP server routing to exchang 5.5

8. kakworm virus

9. My Virtual Server for SMTP won't deliver email

10. Help needed - win 2000 iis virtual SMTP server routing to exchang 5.5

11. SMTP Virtual Server won't start

12. SMTP Virtual Server Won't Start after Upgrade to E2K

13. SMTP Virtual Server: Forward all outgoing messages to SMTP server