Connecting Satellite Exchange Servers

Post by Nick L » Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:18:44

Our organization has one main office and 2 satellite offices. Each office
has one exchange server 2000. Only the main office has a fixed IP, the rest
are using variable. There are no leased lines between the offices and each
office only has access to public Internt. We want the entire organization to

Can anyone tell me the best and most reliable method of connection?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Connecting Satellite Exchange Servers

Post by Lanwenc » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:47:58

VPN. I believe that as long as your main office has a static IP, and each
satellite office wants to connect only to the main office, this is possible.
Preferable do do this by making your firewalls handle the VPN connection.

> Our organization has one main office and 2 satellite offices. Each office
> has one exchange server 2000. Only the main office has a fixed IP, the
rest
> are using variable. There are no leased lines between the offices and each
> office only has access to public Internt. We want the entire organization

> Can anyone tell me the best and most reliable method of connection?

> Thanks in advance,

> Nick

1. Exchange Server to Satellite to Exchange Server

I have an office on land with Exchange Server and 15 ships at sea with
Exchange Server.  Now I use a gaggle of middle ware which does not allow the
servers to really communicate.  The data is sucked up via MAPI then it is
wrapped all together (zipped) then every hour moved to a superhub and sits.
A Ships then calls in via satellite to the superhub and sucks the file down,
then unwraps it and moves it into the profiles on Exchange server via MAPI.
The systems works in reverse also.  This system is used due to legacy
reasons and satellite costs...anyone have any ideas for a real Exchange to
Exchange transmission without middle ware that has lots of points of failure
???

James...

2. Outlook Rules

3. Satellite Connections andExchange Server

4. NDR's Not Going Out (1 Site, 2 Servers)

5. Satellite connection and exchange

6. INTERNET??? GANE$$$

7. Exchange and Satellite

8. Add Member to DL with ADSI

9. Remote connection issues uing satellite

10. Synchronizing through a satellite connection?

11. Unable to send email to satellite office

12. Satellite office authentication problem

13. Satellite Sites