Event ID 1023 POP3SVC

Post by Phil » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 23:17:42

Error 0x8004050a occured while rendering message 0001-

The past 2 nights this error message has been showing up
in my event viewer on the exchange server many many times
for many different users. When I come in in the morning
email is not working and I must re-boot the server.  All
users are on Internet POP3/SMTP email right now,  only 2
users are using Exchange in Outlook.  I checked the MS KB
on this and the article said this can happen when both
exchange and internet email are installed on the same
profile in outlook.  I do not have any setups like that.
The only changes I have made to server were install and
uninstall ISA server and the install of symantec
antivirus/filter for exchange.  I really appreciate any
help on this,  email was down the past 2 mornings when I
came in.  Thank you very much.
Phil

Event ID 1023 POP3SVC

Post by Leif Pederse » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:52:34

Hi,

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329168

Leif

1. Error with Event ID: 1023,Event Source: POP3SVC

Hi All,

I keep getting errors from our office exchange when i try to download
messages using outlok express or microsoft outlook. When i check the event
viewer of the server (where the exchange server resides), i get the
following error.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: POP3SVC
Event Category: Content Engine
Event ID: 1023
Date:  5/28/2003
Time:  10:54:12 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: computer1
Error 0x8004050a occurred while rendering message 0001-00000019a959 for

frequent to many users.)

Data:
0000: 50 04 14 00               P...

I tried checking the site but did not get a solution.

If you got any ideas on how to solve this, i will be grateful of your help.

Thanks in advance.
--
Ignatius Kiptoo

2. mail not being delivered.

3. Exchange Server 2000 Event ID: 1023 Source: POP3SVC

4. Quirky Permissions

5. POP3SVC Event ID 1023 error 0x7d6

6. hacker

7. POP3SVC Event 1023 Error 0x7da

8. Using - IMS Extension

9. Error in Application Event Log. Event ID 1023

10. Event ID 1023 in Event Log

11. Event ID 1023 in event logs

12. Pop3Svc eventid 1023

13. Event ID 1023